Healthy Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
This post may contain affiliate links.
Low carb, gluten free and delicious, this Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini recipe has it all! It’s healthy, scrumptious and easy to make in just 29 minutes!
Zucchini noodles used to be my favorite way to add zucchini to a meal. Now easy stuffed zucchini boats are coming in hot, tied for the top spot! My obsession started with these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats and now to these Greek Turkey Zucchini Boats.
But don’t you worry, if you love zoodles, I still have plenty of those recipes too! These Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Zoodle Bowls have gone viral! The recipe video has been viewed over 6 MILLION times on Facebook!
This Vegan Pad Thai Recipe with Zoodles is made with my famous pad thai sauce and packed with healthy veggies! And my personal favorite, this Pesto Baked Salmon Recipe with Zoodles is made on just one pan in only 29 minutes!
For this zucchini recipe, I stuffed Greek flavored ground turkey into hollowed zucchini halves. The turkey is cooked with onions, garlic, oregano and sun dried tomatoes for a delicious Mediterranean flavor!
I like to top the zucchini with crumbled feta cheese. Because after all, my life motto is “more cheese, yes please!” If you’d like to keep the recipe dairy free, paleo and Whole30 approved, you can leave off the cheese.
How do you make stuffed zucchini?
- Prepare the zucchini boats. Cut the ends off four large zucchinis. Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Remove the middle of the zucchini using a sharp knife. Make sure not to cut through the bottom of the zucchini.
- Prepare the filling. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook onions, garlic and ground turkey in the olive oil. Once the turkey is cooked through, add oregano, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Quick Tip: Ground beef or ground chicken can be used instead of ground turkey in this recipe.
- Stuff the zucchini. Fill the zucchini shells with the meat mixture.
- Bake the stuffed zucchini. Place the zucchini boats on a rimmed baking sheet or in a baking dish. Place in a 400°F oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled feta cheese, if you’d like!
How to reheat Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed zucchini can be reheated in a microwave or oven. To reheat it in the microwave, place it on a microwave-safe plate and into the microwave for 2 minutes. To reheat it in the oven, wrap the stuffed zucchini in foil. Place it in a 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated throughout.
This stuffed zucchini is great for meal prepping because it is easy to transport and reheat. Pack it for lunch with a side of hummus and veggies, and you’ll have one healthy, delicious lunch to dig into!
What to serve with Stuffed Zucchini
Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini can be served alone or with a delicious variety of sides like salads, grains or more veggies! Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
- Greek Quinoa Salad – keep with the Greek theme and serve the zucchini with this flavorful quinoa salad recipe. If you’re looking for something low carb, try cauliflower rice instead of quinoa in this recipe.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccolini – this is one of my go-to sides that can roast right alongside the stuffed zucchini. If you can’t find broccolini, regular broccoli will work just fine!
- Greek Bruschetta – another great recipe to complete a Greek-style dinner!
- Spinach Artichoke Hummus & Veggies – this delicious snack can also be served as a low carb, healthy side dish!
Are Stuffed Zucchinis Whole 30 approved?
This stuffed zucchini recipe is Whole 30 compliant, when you leave off the optional feta cheese topping. It’s also low carb and perfect for those on the keto diet!
This recipe is 17 carbs per serving. Each serving is two zucchini boats. Omit the sun dried tomatoes and this recipe is 9 carbs per serving.
Instead of sun dried tomatoes, substitute quartered cherry tomatoes. A 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes adds less than 1 carb per serving to this recipe.
How many calories in Stuffed Zucchini?
Each serving of this recipe is 243 calories. A serving is two zucchini boats, thus each zucchini boat is 121 calories.
These zucchini boats are also a great source of protein and iron! Each serving contains 31 grams or protein and 19 mg iron.
The best part about this stuffed zucchini recipe is that it’s healthy, easy and made in just 29 minutes!
For more healthy recipes made in 29 minutes or less, check out these 5 favorites!
- Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers – the easiest, most flavorful 3 ingredient recipe you’ll make this week!
- Buffalo Chickpea Buddha Bowls – these vegan bowls are so easy to toss together. And they’re covered in my favorite sauce, so of course I love them!
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad – this salad is healthy, low carb and perfect for meal prepping!
- Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls – another great Whole30 recipe and my absolute favorite way to prepare salmon!
- Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai – this 15 minute recipe is always in my weekly rotation! It’s made with the best pad Thai sauce and whatever veggies you have on hand.
Made it and loved it? Be sure to rate it 5 stars in the recipe card below!
Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends of each zucchini, then slice in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon or knife to hollow out the zucchini, leaving app ¼ inch at the bottom and on the sides.
- Place the hollowed zucchini on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the onion and saute 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and turkey. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the oregano, black pepper, salt and sun dried tomatoes and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into the zucchini.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with feta cheese crumbles, if you'd like!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.