Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai recipe is easy to make in just 15 minutes! It’s gluten free, vegetarian and given a spicy kick from the red curry paste, sriracha and sliced jalapeños!
I’m a huge fan of Thai food! I could seriously eat take-out Thai 5 nights a week! I’m lucky because we have some amazing Thai restaurants in San Diego.
Koon Thai, Bahn Thai and Kanda Thai are some of my favorites, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to make your favorite take-out food at home for fraction of the price and made in less time than it would take to drive and pick up your take-out.
And if you’re wondering, how do you make Thai peanut sauce? You have to check out my easy 10 Minute Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe, it’s my favorite!
Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai Recipe
The great thing about this Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai recipe is that you can totally make it your own! Adding more vegetables, chicken or shrimp to this recipe is simple, or keep it the way it is for a traditional, flavorful Thai noodle dish!
If adding more veggies, shrimp or chicken to the dish, simply saute those in a large skillet with the onions, jalapeños and garlic, then toss with the noodles and sauce. Easy breezy!
Is Pad Thai spicy?
While I would give this dish a 6 on the Thai spicy scale of 1-10, you can definitely tone it down or spice it up by adding more or less jalapeños or Sriracha.
Is Pad Thai gluten free?
The dish is gluten free, just make sure to use Tamari instead of traditional soy sauce when making the dish to keep it gluten free.
Is Pad Thai vegetarian?
This pad thai recipe is vegetarian. Some red curry paste’s will contain shrimp, this Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste is available in the Asian section of most major grocery stores and on Amazon, and does not contain shrimp, making it vegetarian.
Looking for more easy vegetarian recipes made in 29 minutes or less? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Vegan Tacos with Grilled Veggies & Chimichurri
- The Best Veggie Burgers with Black Beans & Sweet Potatoes
- Buffalo Chickpea Vegan Buddha Bowl
- General Tso’s Vegetarian Noodle Stir Fry
- Three Cheese Baked Ziti
Pantry items used to make this recipe:
- Tamari – gluten free soy sauce used to make this recipe gluten free
- Thai Red Curry Paste – vegetarian
- Sesame Oil
- Pad Thai Rice Noodles
Don’t forget to pin this 15 Minute Pad Thai Recipe for later and when you make it, be sure to share a pic on Instagram and tag me @WhitneyBond or use the hashtag #WBRecipes!
Spicy Vegetable Pad Thai
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice, app. 1 small lime
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 12 oz pad thai rice noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts, crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, sriracha and Thai red curry paste to make the pad thai sauce. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Once boiling, add the pad thai noodles & boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp sesame oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions, jalapeños and garlic in the sesame oil for 3-4 minutes, then push to the side of the skillet. In the other half of the skillet, add the whisked eggs and scramble.
- Add the cooked pad thai noodles and prepared pad thai sauce to the skillet. Toss everything together.
- Sprinkle the cilantro, scallions and crushed peanuts on top and serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.