Spicy Creamed Corn
This post may contain affiliate links.
This spicy creamed corn recipe combines Mexican spices, green chilies, cumin and cilantro with corn, cream cheese and butter for a spicy, creamy side dish.
Spicy, creamy, amazing. These are the three words I use to describe, what our family refers to as, “Mexican Hot Corn”.
I re-named the dish and now call it “Spicy Creamed Corn” although when I return home, it’s still known as our families famous Hot Corn!
- 2 (11 oz) cans white shoepeg corn (drained)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 jalapeño (chopped)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In an oven safe skillet or braiser, melt the butter and cream cheese over medium heat on the stove. Once melted add the drained corn and combine well.
Add the black pepper, cumin, chilies, cilantro and jalapeños.
Cook for 5 minutes on the stove, then place in the oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
It’s also a hit at the holidays, the perfect spiced up corn dish for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving!
Mexican Hot Corn
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In an oven safe skillet, melt the butter and cream cheese over medium heat on the stove. Once melted add the drained corn and combine well.
- Add the black pepper, cumin, chilies, cilantro and jalapeños.
- Cook for 5 minutes on the stove, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.