Easy No Churn Homemade Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links.
What if I told you that you could make extra creamy homemade ice cream with 4 simple ingredients, in just 10 minutes?! I thought you’d be excited! This easy no churn ice cream recipe is made without a machine and creates the perfect vanilla ice cream every time!
Want to make Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Mint Chocolate Chip? No problem! With just a few simple mix ins you can easily turn this recipe into your favorite ice cream flavor!
If I had to pick one dessert to eat for the rest of my life, it would definitely be ice cream! Now if I had to narrow it down to just one flavor, we’d be in trouble! But luckily with this ice cream recipe, you can make all of your favorite flavors in just a few minutes!
Table of contents
What you’ll need
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Stand Mixer, Electric Hand Mixer or Whisk – to whip the heavy cream.
- Mixing Bowl
- Metal or Glass Containers – to store the ice cream in the freezer.
- Note: If making this recipe into multiple flavors, I like to use these glass containers to divide the ice cream. If making one flavor, a metal loaf pan or springform pan works well.
How to make it
- Whisk condensed milk, vanilla extract and sea salt together in a large bowl.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the ice cream to a metal or glass container, or multiple containers if making different flavors.
- If you want to mix in ingredients, now is the time to do it! See more on that below. You can also leave out the mix-ins for a perfect vanilla ice cream, wonderful for topping pies or making ice cream floats!
- Cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for at least 5 hours to freeze.
What flavors can you make with this recipe?
The options really are endless! I’ve included instructions for making some of the most popular ice cream flavors below, but feel free to get creative making your own flavors. This recipe creates a rich and creamy ice cream base with dozens of possibilities!
One of the best parts of making your own ice cream at home is that you can make any flavor you want! Do you love cherries, chocolate and caramel? Combine them all and create your own personalized ice cream flavor!
Kids and adults alike will love getting creative and making their very own ice cream flavor! Don’t see your favorite flavor below and wondering how you can use this recipe to make it at home? Comment below and let me know!
- Cookies & Cream – add 1 1/2 cups crushed oreos.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – add 1 1/2 cups cookie dough pieces.
- Note: You can make your own homemade cookie dough or use store bought refrigerated cookie dough. The cookie dough can be refrigerated or frozen. If it’s frozen, it just needs to thaw enough so that you can chop it into chunks to add it to the ice cream. I used homemade Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie dough in this recipe and it was AMAZING! Definitely my personal favorite of all the flavors!
- Mint Chocolate Chip – add 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon mint extract and 3 drops of green food coloring.
- Note: The food coloring is just to give the ice cream it’s mint green color, but you can leave it out if you’d like!
- Birthday Cake – add 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Note: If you’d like actual cake in the ice cream, I recommend purchasing 1 large cupcake in the bakery department at the grocery store, you can then dice it up and add 1 1/2 cups of cupcake pieces to the ice cream.
- Nutella – melt 1 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread in the microwave for 30 seconds. Do not microwave longer or the Nutella will burn and develop a less than appetizing texture. Swirl the Nutella into the ice cream.
- Note: the Nutella will harden when it freezes and will become similar to the consistency of “magic shell”. And let me tell you, biting into chunks of frozen Nutella in this creamy, dreamy vanilla ice cream is the best thing ever!
- Butter Pecan – in a skillet, combine 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans. Toast the pecans over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool. Once cool, mix them into the ice cream base.
- This ice cream was voted the “fan favorite” by my in-laws!
Each of these recipes includes the mix in quantities for one batch of this ice cream. You can easily cut the ingredients in half to divide one batch of this ice cream into two different flavors.
This recipe makes approximately 1/2 gallon of ice cream, or 4 pints. So you could also divide the recipe by 4 and make 4 different flavored pints of ice cream!
Stored in an airtight container, this ice cream will stay good in the freezer for months. So be sure to make enough, because I promise, delicious ice cream like this is going to go fast!
More ice cream recipes to try
Fill your freezer with every ice cream flavor imaginable! Try all of my easy no-churn ice cream recipes, each made without an ice cream maker!
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Milk and Cookies Ice Cream
- Peppermint Bark Ice Cream
- Moose Tracks Ice Cream
Brownie and cookie recipes to pair with the ice cream
What goes better with ice cream than a warm brownie or cookie? Try pairing this easy homemade ice cream recipe with one of these popular dessert recipes!
- Double Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Chips
- Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
- The Ultimate Candy Cookie Cake
- Sea Salt Blondies
- Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies
Easy No Churn Homemade Ice Cream
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla extract and sea salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream with a stand mixer, or electric hand mixer, on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Pour into a 2 quart container, preferably metal, as it will freeze the ice cream quicker.
- Mix in any optional ingredients you’d like, or omit the add-ins for a plain vanilla ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- The nutritional information provided is for the vanilla ice cream and does not include any mix-ins.
- Only add one mix-in per batch of ice cream, or reduce the amount of the ingredients if adding more than one to a batch.
- For instructions on how to mix the add-ins to the ice cream, refer to the blog post above.
- The add-ins listed above will create the following flavors of ice cream:
- Cookies & Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Birthday Cake
- Butter Pecan
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.