The Ultimate Candy Cookie Cake
This post may contain affiliate links.
The Ultimate Candy Cookie Cake recipe is perfect for Halloween, birthdays or holidays! Just add your favorite candy to cookie dough & bake into an easy, tasty cake!
Halloween is coming up on Monday, and I’m so excited because I’m making a special spooktacular appearance on my favorite San Diego morning show, San Diego Living!
I’ll be teaching viewers how to prepare Buffalo Chicken Chili and Slow Cooker Cornbread to dig into while waiting for Trick or Treaters. Then, I’ll be showing how to make this Ultimate Candy Cookie Cake to put that leftover Halloween candy to good use!
I don’t know about y’all, but one of my favorite cakes growing up was a cookie cake from the stand in the mall. My brother used to request those for his birthday, and I would get so excited!
Now I’m super excited, because I can make my own at home, with any and all the candy I want!
I have a feeling I’m going to be making a lot of these cakes for birthdays! The best part is, you can customize the cake using whatever candy the birthday boy or girl requests!
For this cake I used M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, Butterfingers & Reese’s Cups, a combination of mine and Kurt’s favorite candies!
After Halloween, you can add whatever chocolatey, peanuty, caramelly candy you have left in your basket into this cookie cake for the ultimate dessert!
What You’ll Need
- ¾ cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups candy (if candy bars – chopped)
- Icing (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9 inch round cake pan or pie pan with cooking spray.
Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium until combined well, mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients on low speed until combined. Hand mix in the candy with a spatula.
Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cover with foil, then continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove from the cake pan and top with icing, if you’d like.
I went the easy route and used Betty Crocker Decorating Icing to add stars of icing around the edges of the cake.
The great thing is, the decorating icing comes with 4 tips, including a drawing tip that would be perfect for writing “Happy Birthday”, or the message of your choice in the middle of the cake!
Once iced and ready to eat, cut into 8 triangular slices for serving.
Be sure to tune into San Diego 6 on Monday morning, October 31, 2016 at 9 AM to catch me making this cake live on air! You can also catch all of the behind the scenes action of the morning news segment on my Instagram story!
The Ultimate Candy Cookie Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 inch round cake pan or pie pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and beat on medium until combined well, mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients on low speed until combined.
- Hand mix in the candy with a spatula.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover with foil, then continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the cake pan and top with icing, if you’d like.
- Once iced and ready to eat, cut into 8 triangular slices for serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.