Slow Cooker Cornbread
This post may contain affiliate links.
This slow cooker cornbread recipe makes preparing cornbread easy without the use of an oven, and it only takes 10 minutes to prep!
With chili and soup season in full swing, I felt like it was time to introduce a new cornbread recipe to dip in, crumble on and serve with all of those deliciously warm soups and chilis!
Now I know that you all are familiar with making soups and chilis in the slow cooker, but have you ever made slow cooker cornbread? It’s so easy, frees up space in the oven and makes a perfectly moist cornbread in no time at all!
For this recipe I used a 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock Pot, but a standard large oval crock pot would work also, just make sure to line the crock pot with non-stick foil all of the way to the top, so that you can easily use it to lift the cornbread out of the crock pot for serving.
Slow Cooker Cornbread Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
Slow Cooker Cornbread Instructions
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well, then add the shredded cheddar and corn.
Line the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick foil.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Use the edges of the foil to lift and remove the cornbread from the slow cooker.
Slice the cornbread into 15 squares.
Brush a little melted butter on top before serving if you’d like!
I’d also highly recommend serving the cornbread for breakfast with a drizzle of honey! #YUM
Slow Cooker Cornbread
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well, then add the shredded cheddar and corn.
- Line the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick foil.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Use the edges of the foil to lift and remove the cornbread from the slow cooker.
- Slice the cornbread into 15 squares.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.