Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
The BEST Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy & have a delicious swirl of Nutella throughout the cookie! This has been my GO-TO cookie recipe for almost 10 years!
I’ve tested and perfected it so that it’s perfectly chewy in the center, crisp around the edges and there’s plenty of Nutella and chocolate in every bite!
These cookies are so easy to make. I guaranteed this will become your new favorite cookie recipe!
One of the most important things to determine in life is what kind of chocolate chip cookie person you are. (Yes, this is very serious, important business people!)
Are you a crispy cookie person? A chewy cookie person? Do you like them with extra chocolate chips (I mean, who doesn’t?!) A swirl of Nutella? Well if you answered YES to the last three, then this cookie is for you!
I spent years making my perfect chocolate chip cookie. They’re a little on the larger side so that they get just a little crisp around the edges and are still filled with chewy, melty goodness in the middle. To get this perfect consistency of a cookie, I learned four important things.
My 4 tips for perfect soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies every time!
- Melted butter makes a chewy cookie, while cold butter makes a cakey cookie.
- The molasses in brown sugar also helps make a chewier cookie, which is why I’m on team 2:1 brown sugar to white sugar!
- Egg yolks make a softer cookie. Because an egg white is made up of 90% water, it will make the cookie spread more. This is why I use 1 egg + 1 egg yolk in my nutella chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- Low and slow is the name of the game when baking cookies with a soft, chewy center. This is why I bake these cookies at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
After perfecting my chocolate chip cookie recipe, I decided to make it EVEN BETTER by adding swirls of Nutella. I swear, this delicious Hazelnut spread makes everything better!
This is now my go-to cookie for EVERY occasion. I could probably whip up the cookie dough in less than 10 minutes, with my eyes closed. After making these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies around 100 times, let’s just say, I’ve got this recipe down!
Have I convinced you yet that these are truly the BEST COOKIES EVER? Yup, I thought so, time to add chocolate chips and Nutella to your grocery list!
How to make Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make the cookie dough.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar to a large bowl.
- Use an electric mixer or stand mixer and beat until well combined.
- Add one egg and one egg yolk, beat until combined, then add vanilla extract and beat into the dough.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Use a spatula to hand mix in the chocolate chips.
- Dollop the Nutella into the cookie dough, then use a small spatula or butter knife to swirl the Nutella into the cookie dough.
- Use the dough immediately or cover and refrigerate the dough until ready to bake the cookies.
Bake the cookies.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon to scoop out balls of cookie dough, just larger than the size of a golf ball.
- Place the dough balls on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and place the cookies on a wire rack to cool at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, the Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough can be frozen for up to 6 months in an airtight container, such as a freezer-safe plastic bag.
How long do chocolate chip cookies last?
In my house, about 1 day! But seriously, these baked chocolate chip cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the countertop for up to one week.
Are you also nuts for Nutella? Then you have to try these other 5 popular Nutella recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Nutella
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- Nutella Muddy Buddies
- Gluten Free Nutella Brookies
- Nutella Hummus
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- ¼ cup nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture and stir, or use a hand mixer on medium speed, to beat until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Hand mix in the chocolate chips, then use a small spatula or butter knife to swirl in the Nutella.
- Drop the cookie dough by large tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or baking stone.
- Bake at 325°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Dough Storage: The cookie dough will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Cookie Storage: Baked cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.