Glitter Fortune Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Turn store-bought fortune cookies into fancy party treats! You only need 3 ingredients & 10 minutes to make these festive Glitter Fortune Cookies!
I made these cookies with red and green edible glitter for Christmas, but you can make them with a variety of glitter colors for different occasions. These sparkly fortune cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day, birthday parties or 4th of July!
You don’t have to be a fancy baker or Pinterest Mom to make these sweet treats! They’re a great way to impress everyone at your next party with almost no work at all!
Everyone loves fortune cookies. I don’t care how old I get, I love opening it up to see what my fortune is going to be. This holiday season, I took plain fortune cookies, dipped them in some edible glitter and voila, glitter fortune cookies were born!
People went CRAZY for them at my annual Christmas party and I’m already planning what party I’m going to make them for next. I’m thinking Super Bowl, with the colors of the teams playing in the game. Also, Valentine’s Day with a little pink and red glitter or green glitter for St. Patricks Day!
The possibilities really are endless! Which holiday will you make these glitter fortune cookies for first?
What you’ll need to make Glitter Fortune Cookies
- Fortune Cookies – these can be ordered on Amazon. They can also be found at Asian markets and sometimes in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
- Edible Glitter – this can be found at local cake decorating or baking supply stores. It can also be ordered on Amazon. You can find all different colors, from gold to green and red to silver. I also just found this Gold Star Edible Glitter and pretty sure I have to use it to make these cookies for New Years Eve!
- Corn Syrup – either dark or light corn syrup will work. This will be found in the baking section of your local grocery store.
- Small pastry brush or small food-safe brushes – found online, at most grocery stores or at a kitchen supply store.
How to make Glitter Fortune Cookies
- Whisk together corn syrup and water in a small bowl, then place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place each color of glitter in a separate bowl and unwrap all of the fortune cookies to make a “glitter fortune cookie making station”.
- Brush the warm corn syrup on one corner of the fortune cookie, sprinkle with the glitter color of your choice. Repeat on the other corner of the fortune cookie with the same color glitter or a different color glitter.
- Repeat until all of the fortune cookies have been “glittered”.
- Serve immediately or within 8 hours so that the fortune cookies don’t become soggy where you’ve added the corn syrup and glitter.
Looking for more festive and easy entertaining recipes?
Try these delicious appetizers and desserts made with 5 ingredients or less!
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Ball
- Pumpkin Hummus
- Baked Brie Puff Pastry Bites
- Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Nutella Muddy Buddies
Glitter Fortune Cookies
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp edible glitter
- 40 fortune cookies
- Whisk together the corn syrup and water in a small bowl, then place into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place each color of glitter in a separate bowl and set up a “glitter fortune cookie making station”.
- Use a small pastry brush or food-safe paint brush to brush the warm corn syrup on one corner of the fortune cookie, then sprinkle with the edible glitter.
- Repeat this step on the other corner with the same, or a different color, glitter.
- Repeat the two steps above until all of the fortune cookies have been "glittered".
- Do not make these fortune cookies ahead of time or the area with the corn syrup and glitter will get soggy! I recommend making them at most 8 hours in advance.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.