Pumpkin Hummus with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pumpkin hummus is the perfect fall snack or dessert! Served with cinnamon sugar pita chips or apple slices, this sweet, yet healthy recipe is super easy to make in just 10 minutes!
The hummus is gluten free, vegan and high in protein, Vitamin A and calcium, making it a sweet treat that you can feel good about eating!
Hummus is one of my all time favorite healthy snacks! Whether I’m getting a little spicy with Sriracha Hummus or brightening things up with Beet Hummus, you can’t go wrong with this creamy chickpea dip!
Since I love squash, pumpkin spice and all things fall, I decided to make Pumpkin Hummus. It gets a little sweetness and spice from maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice, and all it’s creaminess from pureed pumpkin and chickpeas.
It couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is a blender or food processor and 10 minutes of your time, then this dip is ready to go! Serve it with apples for a healthy snack or indulge a little with some cinnamon sugar pita chips.
This dip is perfect for an after school snack, Halloween party or any fall get-together. I’ve made it for several parties over the years and it’s always a hit! People love the idea of a sweet hummus recipe, instead of the usual savory or spicy hummus varieties.
How to make Pumpkin Hummus
- Add chickpeas, pumpkin puree, tahini, maple syrup, olive oil and pumpkin pie spice to a food processor or blender.
- Quick tip! Make sure to buy pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling when purchasing the canned pumpkin.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Quick tip! If using a large food processor, you may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times and puree again to incorporate all of the ingredients together. If the hummus seems too thick and needs more liquid, add 1-2 tbsp water.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30-60 minutes before serving.
How long can you store pumpkin hummus in the refrigerator?
Pumpkin hummus will stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
What to serve with Pumpkin Hummus
- Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips – scroll down for my easy semi-homemade recipe, which is made in about 10 minutes!
- Graham Crackers – plain or cinnamon graham crackers and perfect for dipping up this sweet hummus!
- Apple Slices – for a gluten free and healthier option, dip sliced apples in the hummus.
- Pita Chips – for something on the non-sweet side, try plain pita chips with this dip.
- Gingersnaps – go right into fall dessert mode by dipping gingersnaps into this pumpkin hummus!
- Toast – much like my Pumpkin Toast, you can spread this hummus right on a piece of toast for a delicious breakfast!
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
- Slice 4 round pieces of pita bread into 8 triangles each, for a total of 32 pita triangle “chips”.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Toss the pita chips with melted butter and the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread the pita chips out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Place in a 350°F preheated oven for 6-8 minutes.
Need more pumpkin spice in your life? I mean, who doesn’t?! Try these 5 popular pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Enchiladas – this savory pumpkin recipe is one of my all-time favorites! The pumpkin enchilada sauce is so flavorful. And you can totally mix up the fillings in these enchiladas. This pumpkin sauce is perfect with cheese enchiladas, veggies, soy chorizo or ground beef!
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Cookies – a must-make fall cookie recipe! The pairing of pumpkin spice and white chocolate is to die for y’all!
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili – nothing says fall quite like a crock pot full of chili! Make that pumpkin chili and you’ve upped your “fall game” by 1000%!
- Easy Pumpkin Filled Pastries – these pastries are my favorite thing to eat on cool autumn mornings with a big cup of coffee! Luckily they only take 20 minutes to make, so you’ll be sipping that coffee & digging into that pastry in no time!
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Salted Caramel Filling – OMG salted caramel filling is life y’all, put it in a pumpkin cookie cup and I’m in love!
- Place all of the ingredients for the pumpkin hummus in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to chill before serving.
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice each piece of pita bread into 8 triangles, for a total of 32 triangles or "chips".
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss the pita chips with the melted butter, then the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar pita chips out into an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Nutritional information provided is for the pumpkin hummus only and does not include the cinnamon sugar pita chips.
- Pumpkin hummus will stay good in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, if stored in an airtight container.
- Other serving options besides the cinnamon sugar pita chips:
- Apple Slices
- Graham Crackers
- Plain Pita Chips
- Ginger Snap Cookies
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.