Spicy Sriracha Hummus
This post may contain affiliate links.
Making Spicy Sriracha Hummus from scratch is SO EASY! This homemade hummus recipe only takes 5 minutes to make. Serve this super smooth chickpea dip with pita chips, crackers or veggies for a healthy, vegan snack!
Is a hummus party a thing? If it is, put me on that Evite list because I’m there! Needless to say, I love hummus! It’s one of my favorite dips, perfect for an afternoon snack, to pile on Ground Turkey Gyros and to serve on a Low Calorie Charcuterie Board.
It’s healthy, creamy and easily transformed into your favorite flavor! Depending on what you mix into your hummus, it can be sweet or spicy. Over the years I’ve played around with tons of different flavors of hummus. And I’ve come up with some pretty epic flavors, if I do say so myself!
- Nutella Hummus – this sweet hummus is perfect as a dessert dip, served with fruit or cookies. It’s become such a hit that it was featured in Costco Connection magazine!
- Beet Hummus – this beautiful bright naturally fuchsia colored hummus is one of my personal favs! It makes for a gorgeous presentation on a charcuterie board or at a party!
- Spinach Artichoke Hummus – combining two delicious dips into one, this healthy version of spinach artichoke dip is perfect for a healthy snack!
- Pumpkin Hummus – I love to serve this seasonal hummus flavor in the fall with cinnamon sugar pita chips. It’s a unique spin on hummus that’s always a hit at parties!
How to make Spicy Sriracha Hummus
Sriracha hummus is super versatile and easy to make! Just follow these two simple steps for the perfect spicy hummus every time!
- Add a can of chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) to a food processor or blender with minced garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and sriracha.
- Blend for 60 seconds, or until smooth and creamy!
Seriously, it’s that easy to make homemade hummus!
How do you make hummus less spicy or more spicy?
The spice in this hummus comes from the sriracha. Adding more or less sriracha will change the spice level. For a supremely spicy hummus, I recommend adding 1/4 cup sriracha instead of 2 tablespoons. This spicy hummus will knock your socks off!
For a less spicy hummus with just a hint of sriracha flavor, add 2 teaspoons sriracha to the recipe, instead of 2 tablespoons.
How long does homemade hummus last?
Stored in an airtight container, homemade sriracha hummus will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Is spicy hummus good for you?
Spicy hummus is a healthy snack, packed with fiber, plant based protein and healthy fats. Sriracha hummus is vegan, when using a certified vegan sriracha sauce, like Sky Valley. And it’s gluten free, when served with veggies or gluten free crackers.
What do you serve with spicy hummus?
This quick and easy hummus recipe is wonderful served as a dip or used as a sauce for topping meatballs, gyros and more. Try it with one of these delicious dipping vessels or in one of these tasty recipes!
- Crackers – Wheat Thins and Triscuits are both wonderful, hearty crackers, perfect for dipping up this hummus!
- Pita Chips or Warm Pita Bread
- Veggies – sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, celery sticks or cherry tomatoes are all perfect vegetable vehicles for dipping into this spicy hummus!
- Greek Gyros – this hummus is not only delicious as a dip, it’s also great for topping these easy, homemade ground turkey gyros!
- Greek Meatballs – I can’t resist these Greek meatballs wrapped up in pita bread with some spicy hummus and tomato cucumber salsa. Oh yes!
- Greek Bruschetta – use this hummus as the base for this incredibly flavorful appetizer recipe!
Looking for more easy Mediterranean recipes? Try these 5 favorites!
- Healthy Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- One Pot Mediterranean Ground Lamb Pasta
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
- Greek Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
Spicy Sriracha Hummus
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 60 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with chips, crackers or veggies for dipping.
- This homemade hummus will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, stored in an airtight container.
- To make this hummus more spicy, use 1/4 cup sriracha instead of 2 tablespoons.
- To make this hummus less spicy, use 2 teaspoons sriracha instead of 2 tablespoons.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.