How to Make Berry S’Mores – 4 Ways!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled strawberries and blueberries add a delicious twist to classic s’mores, creating the perfect patriotic summer dessert recipe! I’ll show you how to prepare these smores 4 different ways, on a grill, on the stove, in the oven or over the campfire!
There’s truly nothing better than biting into a warm, melty s’mores! Gooey chocolate goodness, perfectly toasted marshmallows, all sandwiched between a sweet and crunchy graham cracker.
It really is the perfect summer dessert! And it will always take me back to childhood trips to the lake in Oklahoma with my family. Sitting around the campfire, lightning bugs swirling around, marshmallows toasting over the open flames, total nostalgia!
For this updated s’mores recipe, I added grilled berries to the dessert. Over the last few years, I’ve become obsessed with grilled fruit! Grilling fruit really brings out the sweetness of the fruit and adds a hint of smokiness.
To make these grilled berry s’mores, I used an outdoor grill at home, but you can also make them on the stove, in the oven or over a campfire. I’ll show you how to make them each way!
What you’ll need to make Berry S’Mores
- Graham Crackers – I used honey graham crackers to make these s’mores. But you could switch up the recipe with cinnamon or chocolate graham crackers!
- Marshmallows – I used two large jet-puffed marshmallows on each of the smores in this recipe, you could also purchase jumbo marshmallows and use one per smore.
- Chocolate Bars – I’ve made these s’mores several times over the years with different kinds of chocolate. Traditional Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Candy Bars are delicious in this recipe, or you can mix things up and use sea salt dark chocolate bars for a scrumptious spin on the recipe!
- Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
- Outdoor grill, indoor grill pan, baking sheet or campfire
- Metal Skewers – for grilling the berries and marshmallows
- Smore’s Grilling Kit: OPTIONAL – this is the kit you see pictured below on the grill. It’s an easy way to melt the chocolate on the graham crackers and toast a dozen marshmallows, all at the same time! It also comes with metal skewers, which I used to grill the berries. But it’s totally optional and definitely not necessary to make this recipe!
How to make Berry S’mores 4 Ways
How to make S’mores On the Grill
- Prep the ingredients. Skewer 6 marshmallows each on 2 metal skewers. Place 6 squares of chocolate on top of 6 graham cracker halves. Skewer 6 strawberries (stems removed) on a metal skewer. Skewer 24 blueberries on a metal skewer.
- Grill the berries. Place the strawberry and blueberry skewers on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, flipping halfway through. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate on the graham crackers. If you have a smores grilling kit, place the chocolate topped graham crackers on top of the set (as seen pictured above). If you do not have the grilling kit, simply place the chocolate topped graham crackers on a piece of foil, on the top rack of the grill, so they’re not over direct heat. Leave them on the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Toast the marshmallows. If you have a smores grilling kit, place the marshmallow skewers on the side of the kit. Allow them to toast, while the chocolate melts on top, 3-4 minutes total. If you don’t have a grilling kit, simply hold the marshmallows over high heat on the grill on skewers for 3-4 minutes, turning every 30-60 seconds. Remove the marshmallows when they’re golden brown.
- Put the s’mores together! Place one grilled strawberry and 4 grilled blueberries on top of the melted chocolate. Add two toasted marshmallows and top with another graham cracker square.
- Dig in!
How to Make S’mores on the Stove
- Follow steps 1-2 above to prepare the ingredients and grill the berries on an indoor grill pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate on the graham crackers. Place the chocolate topped graham crackers on the grill pan and wait for the chocolate to melt, 3-4 minutes, then use a spatula to remove them from the grill pan.
- Toast the marshmallows. Turn another burner on the stove to high heat. Hold the marshmallows on the skewers over the burner on the stove, rotating regularly until the marshmallows begin to toast on the outside.
- Follow steps 5-6 above to put the s’mores together and dig in!
How to Make S’Mores in the Oven
- Preheat the broiler on the oven to high.
- Prep the ingredients. Place 6 graham cracker squares on a baking sheet. Top with 6 squares of chocolate and either one jumbo marshmallow or two large jet-puffed marshmallows. Skewer 6 strawberries (stems removed) on a metal skewer. Skewer 24 blueberries on a metal skewer. Place the skewers of berries on the baking sheet next to the smores.
- Oven roast the smores. Place the baking sheet in the oven, 5-6 inches from the top heat source. Either leave the oven partially open or use a light in the oven to watch the smores. Wait for the marshmallow to toast up and begin to melt, then remove the baking sheet from the oven, this should take 30-60 seconds.
- Remove the berries from the skewers and place 1 strawberry and 4 blueberries on top of each roasted marshmallow, then sandwich the smores with another graham cracker square.
How to Make S’Mores Over a Campfire
- Prep the ingredients. Skewer 12 marshmallows on metal skewers. Since you will be toasting the marshmallows over an open flame, you will want longer skewers than what you would use on the grill or over the stovetop. You may need to toast 1-2 at a time, depending on the length of your skewers. Place 6 squares of chocolate on top of 6 graham cracker squares and set aside. Skewer 6 strawberries (stems removed) on a long metal skewer. Skewer 24 blueberries on a long metal skewer.
- Grill the berries. Hold the skewers with the strawberries and blueberries over the open flame of the campfire, rotate consistently for 3-4 minutes. Set the grilled berries aside.
- Toast the marshmallows. Depending on the length of your skewers, place 1-6 marshmallows on each skewer and hold over the open flame of the campfire. Rotate frequently until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
- Put the s’mores together. Place 2 warm marshmallows on top of each chocolate topped graham cracker, along with one strawberry and four blueberries. Top with another graham cracker and dig in!
Don’t miss out on these other awesome s’mores recipes!
- S’Mores Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free S’Mores Waffles
- S’mores Ice Cream Cake from The Baker Mama
- S’mores Cupcakes from Stress Baking
- Oven S’mores Dip from Celebrating Sweets
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Try these 5 favorites!
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Gluten Free Blueberry Oat Bars
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Lemon Cupcakes
Grilled Berry S’Mores
- 24 blueberries
- 6 strawberries, stems removed
- 12 large marshmallows, or 6 jumbo marshmallows
- 3 chocolate bars, 1-1.55 oz each (broken in half)
- 12 graham cracker squares
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Skewer 6 marshmallows each on 2 metal skewers, 6 strawberries on one skewer and 24 blueberries on another skewer.
- Place the strawberry and blueberry skewers on the grill.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, flipping halfway through, remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place 6 squares of chocolate on top of 6 graham cracker halves.
- If you have a smores grilling kit, place the chocolate topped graham crackers on top of the set (as seen pictured above). If you do not have the grilling kit, simply place the chocolate topped graham crackers on a piece of foil, on the top rack of the grill, so they’re not over direct heat.
- Leave them on the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Place the marshmallow skewers on the side of the grilling set. If you don’t have the grilling set, you can simply hold the marshmallows over the grill on a skewer for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly browned.
- Place one grilled strawberry and four grilled blueberries on top of the graham cracker covered with chocolate, then cover with two warm marshmallows, sandwich with another square of graham cracker and dig in!
- For instructions on how to make these smores in the oven, on the stove or over a campfire, refer to the blog post above.
- To make these s’mores gluten free use gluten-free graham crackers.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.