Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe with White Chocolate Chips
This post may contain affiliate links.
Introducing your new favorite fall treat, Pumpkin Spice Cookies with White Chocolate Chips! This homemade cookie recipe is easy to make from scratch in just 30 minutes & SO DELICIOUS!
The cookies are soft & chewy with the perfect amount of pumpkin spice. You’ll not only love the way these pumpkin spice cookies taste, but also the wonderful fall aromas that will fill your house as they’re baking!
It’s fall y’all, which means it’s time for all of the pumpkin spice things!
Now let’s get a common myth out of the way right off the bat. Pumpkin spice does not mean actual pumpkin. Pumpkin spice is simply a combination of spices originally used to make pumpkin pies. Now pumpkin spice can be found in dozens of different desserts and some savory recipes!
Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. All of these delicious spices are combined in my easy-to-make, homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. I use this seasoning mix to make Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies, Pumpkin Apple Monkey Bread and these Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
While there’s no actual pumpkin puree in these cookies, the flavors of the pumpkin pie spice really shine through and give you ALL THE FALL FEELS!!
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – I like to use my homemade recipe, but you can also use store-bought.
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
How to make Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add vanilla extract, one egg and one egg yolk, stir to combine.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine, or use an electric hand mixer to combine the dough.
- Use a spatula to stir white chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Place rounded balls of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
- Quick Tip! I highly recommend a baking stone for even baking or lining your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place in a 325°F oven for 15-18 minutes to bake.
Can I freeze pumpkin spice cookie dough?
Yes! Pumpkin spice cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for 9-12 months. I recommend storing the dough in cookie sized balls in a freezer safe bag. This way, you can make as many as you want at a time and they’re already portioned out for you!
When you’re ready to bake them, take them straight from the freezer to the baking sheet. Just add 2 minutes to the baking time.
I highly recommend making a double batch of the dough. Bake one batch now and freeze one batch for later! I promise you’ll want to make these cookies over and over again!
Can I use another kind of chocolate chips?
Yes! While I love the flavor of white chocolate paired with pumpkin spice, semi sweet chocolate chips can be used in their place. You can also omit the chocolate chips all together for a simple, soft & chewy pumpkin spice cookie!
Years ago, I added diced up Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses to this recipe, but unfortunately these no longer exist. I have to say, I actually think the recipe is even better with just the white chocolate chips!
With that being said, if you can get your hands on the illusive Nestle Pumpkin Spice Chips (which I’ve yet to find!) you could definitely add these into the cookies. I would recommend half white chocolate chips and half pumpkin spice chips as to not overwhelm the pumpkin spice flavor.
Can’t get enough pumpkin spice in your life? (Me either!) Here are four more delicious pumpkin recipes to try!
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Salted Caramel Filling – bite sized goodness!
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread – talk about all the fall feels!
- Pumpkin Toast – the avocado toast of fall!
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Crumble – a super easy autumn dessert!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a medium mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk, then stir by hand or use an electric hand mixer to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and blend until well combined.
- Hand mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Place 18 rounded balls of cookie dough on a baking sheet or baking stone.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cookie dough: extra cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 9-12 months. I recommend storing the dough in the freezer already portioned into cookie dough balls. You can then take the balls of dough straight from the freezer to a baking sheet, adding and extra 2 minutes to the baking time.
- Chocolate chips: semi sweet chocolate chips can be used in place of the white chocolate chips or chocolate chips can be omitted all together in this recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.