Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is easy to make in just 29 minutes! The secret to making the perfect bacon wrapped shrimp every time is precooking the bacon so it becomes crispy, while the shrimp stays juicy! Juicy shrimp + crispy bacon = a match made in heaven!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Bacon wrapped shrimp is perfect for an easy meal paired with salad or veggies. It also makes an epic appetizer to share with friends and family. And no matter when you serve it, I can guarantee that it will become one of your new favorite recipes to toss on the grill!
When shopping for all of the ingredients to make this delicious recipe, I headed straight to the Vons just for U® app. It has so many great features, including several ways to find great deals every day!
- Click on the just for U tab, which includes discounts on items you buy regularly, as well as items you might like. I love this feature because it’s personalized to you!
- Click on the weekly ad tab, where you can see what’s on special this week at your local store.
- Click on the rewards tab to see how many rewards you’ve earned by using the just for U app and how you can spend them. I love this feature because you earn rewards every time you shop towards FREE products or gasoline discounts! You earn 2 points for every dollar you spend and once you hit 100 points, you receive 1 reward. Plus you can earn bonus points in certain departments, just by adding the offer to your app.
Once you’ve made your list from all of the great deals available, you can head over to the Vons Delivery & Pick Up app to order your groceries for the week. I am totally hooked on this app! I love that I can do all of my shopping for the week in my pajamas with a cup of coffee on the couch. Anyone else with me on this?
The delivery option arrives in a refrigerated Vons truck so all of the food stays fresh until the minute it reaches your door. I’ve used this option dozens of times and always received excellent on-time service!
I’ve also recently started using the DriveUp & Go™ option. All you have to do is pull into a designated Vons DriveUp & Go parking spot, call the phone number on the sign and they’ll bring the groceries right out to your car and load them up for you. A great option when you’re on the go and saving time is so important!
Thanks to Vons for making grocery shopping fun, easy and helping me save money! On my last grocery delivery, I received everything I needed to make this bacon wrapped shrimp recipe including:
- Jumbo waterfront BISTRO® shrimp, peeled & deveined, perfect for making juicy grilled shrimp!
- Signature Farms® Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon, the perfect flavorful bacon for wrapping around the jumbo shrimp!
- Lucerne® Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, because nothing goes better on bacon wrapped shrimp than creamy, melted butter!
- Signature SELECT™ Cayenne Pepper, Paprika and Black Pepper, to spice up the shrimp!
Each of these products are found exclusively at Vons in my area, but you can also find these exclusive products and just for U® rewards at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Now let’s get cooking some bacon wrapped shrimp. Simply follow these 4 easy steps to make this mouthwatering recipe!
- Precook the bacon. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the bacon slices in half and place them on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. This will help the bacon cook evenly and make clean up a breeze! Place the bacon in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer the bacon slices to a paper towel lined plate and allow the bacon to cool.
- Prepare the shrimp. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Add jumbo shrimp to the seasoned butter in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Quick tip! The cayenne pepper adds a nice kick of spice without making this recipe too spicy. But if you don’t like spice, you can omit the cayenne pepper.
- Bacon wrap the shrimp. One at a time, remove the shrimp from the seasoned butter and wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp. Use a skewer or toothpick (see note below) to secure the bacon around the shrimp. Heat the seasoned butter that remains in the bowl until boiling. I heated mine in the microwave for 2 minutes. But you can also place it in a pot on the stove over high heat to bring to a boil. This will kill any bacteria from the raw shrimp and allow you to reuse the butter as a sauce later in the recipe.
- Note: If using wooden toothpicks or skewers, always be sure to soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before using them in this recipe. This will prevent them from catching fire on the grill.
- Grill the bacon wrapped shrimp. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, approximately 450°F. Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill and grill until the bacon is crisp and shrimp are cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and brush the remaining seasoned butter on the bacon wrapped shrimp before serving.
Keys to making the perfect Bacon Wrapped Shrimp every time!
- Always precook the bacon! Since bacon needs to cook for a total of 15-20 minutes and shrimp only need to cook for 6-8 minutes, it’s so important to precook the bacon. This ensures that the bacon and shrimp are evenly cooked.
- Do NOT use thick sliced bacon. Thick sliced bacon takes longer to cook and is harder to wrap around the shrimp.
- Use jumbo shrimp that’s already been peeled & deveined. Using smaller shrimp will make it difficult to get the bacon wrapped around the shrimp. For this recipe I purchased shrimp labeled 16-20, which means there are 16-20 shrimp per pound. These are considered “extra jumbo” sized shrimp. You can also use jumbo shrimp labeled 21-25 for this recipe, but I wouldn’t recommend anything smaller.
- Note: I also like to purchase shrimp with the tails on as it makes this recipe easy to eat as an appetizer. But either tail-on or tail-off shrimp will work, just make sure they’re peeled & deveined before wrapping them with the bacon!
What to serve with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
As I mentioned before, grilled bacon wrapped shrimp are perfect as an entree or appetizer. If serving them as an entree, try them with one of these sides!
- Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Broccoli Salad
- Cauliflower Salad
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower – for a low carb meal!
- Mexican Style Rice
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Looking for more easy seafood recipes? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Grilled Scallops
- Baked Chilean Sea Bass
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Chimichurri Grilled Salmon
- Balsamic Salmon Zoodle Bowls
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- If using wooden skewers or or toothpicks, cover them in water to soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Place slices of bacon, cut in half, on a wire rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl with the seasoned butter and toss to coat.
- Remove each piece of shrimp from the seasoned butter and wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp, securing the bacon in place with a skewer or toothpick.
- Once all of the shrimp has been removed from the seasoned butter, reheat the remaining butter in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until boiling.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat (approximately 450°F).
- Grill the bacon wrapped shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and immediately brush with the melted, seasoned butter.
- Serve while fresh and hot off the grill!
- Bacon - do NOT use thick sliced bacon for this recipe. It takes longer to cook and is difficult to wrap around the shrimp.
- Shrimp - use shrimp labeled extra jumbo (16-20) or jumbo (21-25) for this recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.