Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
This post may contain affiliate links.
The BEST Instant Pot Risotto recipe is so easy to make! Mushrooms, garlic, French onion dip mix & parmesan cheese add a ton of flavor to this tasty dish!
Risotto is one of my favorite Italian dishes. It’s rich, creamy and so delicious!
The one thing about risotto that I don’t like is the hands-on time it takes to make risotto. It’s not hard to make. You just have to hang out by the stove for 30-45 minutes ladling broth into the risotto. That’s what makes risotto so creamy!
I thought there was no way that Instant Pot Risotto was going to create the same creamy texture as traditional risotto. But it does!
I took me a few attempts to get the perfect rice to broth ratio down. But in the end, I created the most creamy, dreamy Instant Pot Risotto!
No more standing around the stove to get the perfect creamy risotto. Just spend 10 minutes sautéing ingredients in the Instant Pot, then pop the lid on. Pour yourself a glass of wine and relax while the Instant Pot does the work for you!
How To Make Instant Pot Risotto
Add butter to an Instant Pot, or electric pressure cooker, on the sauté function. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and French Onion Dip Mix. Sauté 4-5 minutes. Add arborio rice and toast it in the bottom of the Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes.
Add Worcestershire sauce and vegetable broth to the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it is set to “sealing”. Switch the function from sauté to high pressure, cook for 6 minutes.
After the cooking time is up, wait 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid. Remove the lid, stir in parmesan cheese and serve.
Is Mushroom Risotto gluten free?
Yes. The base of all risotto is arborio rice which is gluten free.
I added French Onion Dip Mix to this mushroom risotto. If you use the recipe I linked to, I explain how to make the mix gluten free in the post.
If purchasing store-bought French Onion Dip Mix, always check the label to make sure it’s gluten free. While popular brands like Lipton’s and McCormick are not gluten free, Simply Organic French Onion Dip Mix is certified gluten free.
Is Mushroom Risotto vegetarian?
This mushroom risotto recipe can easily be made vegetarian, depending on the French Onion Dip Mix used.
While the homemade French Onion Dip Mix I used does contain beef bouillon, making it not vegetarian-friendly. You can purchase other mixes, such as Simply Organic French Onion Dip Mix which are vegetarian, or use the substitution below.
Can you make this recipe without the French Onion Dip Mix?
Absolutely! Instead of using French Onion Dip mix, substitute the following spices. Combine 1 tbsp dried minced onions, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
This substitution will make the recipe both vegetarian and gluten free!
Can I make risotto without wine?
Yes! This risotto recipe does not include white wine as an ingredient. It’s perfect for those looking for the best risotto recipe without wine!
Looking for more deliciously easy Instant Pot Recipes? Check out the Top 5 most popular Instant Pot recipes on the blog!
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Chicken Lentil Tikka Masala
- Easy Instant Pot French Onion Pot Roast
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp French Onion Dip Mix, click link for easy homemade recipe
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Press the saute button on an electric pressure cooker, use the adjust button to set on the “normal” setting.
- Add the butter to the pressure cooker, when the display says “hot”, add the onions, mushrooms, garlic and french onion dip mix, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the pressure cooker.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and vegetable broth, stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the steam release is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the pressure cooker to high pressure, then use the +/- buttons to set the pressure cooker to 6 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, wait 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove the lid and stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.