Brie cheese, strawberries and balsamic vinegar are baked into a sourdough bread bowl in this sweet and savory baked brie bread bowl recipe!
During the holiday season, I serve my Caramelized Pear Baked Brie Bread Bowl at every party I throw and take it to every event I attend. It’s always a hit! Today, I decided to summer-ize the recipe, by swapping out the pears for summer’s favorite fruit, strawberries!
This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and is sure to be a new summer party favorite!
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie Bread Bowl
To make this baked brie bread bowl recipe, mix together diced strawberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil. Cut out the center of a sourdough bread bowl, then place a circle of brie in the middle, top with the balsamic strawberries, place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Easy as that, you have creamy brie, surrounded by crispy sourdough bread and topped with sweet balsamic strawberries, it’s a seriously winning combination people!
How long do you cook baked brie?
When baked brie is cooked in a bread bowl, like in this recipe, you want to cook the baked brie for 30 minutes to reach the desired creaminess of the brie without over-cooking the bread bowl.
How to serve Baked Brie
The great thing about baking brie in a bread bowl is that it’s ready to serve as soon as it comes out of the oven. Simply slice the edges of the bread bowl, then it basically becomes baked brie pull apart bread. Add a cheese spreader on the side to help guests easily get that creamy brie spread on the pieces of crispy sourdough.
How to store Baked Brie
If there’s leftover baked brie, simply place it in a large ziploc bag in the refrigerator. Leftover baked brie will last 3-4 days when refrigerated in a sealed container.
How to reheat Baked Brie
To reheat leftover baked brie, wrap it in foil and place in the oven at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Try these other popular brie recipes at your next party!
Tools & pantry items used to make these Baked Brie Bread Bowls:
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf
- 1 round 7 oz Brie cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil, set aside.
- Slice the top ½ inch off of the round of sourdough bread.
- Cut a circle the size of the brie from the middle of the sourdough loaf being careful not to cut through to the bottom of the loaf.
- Place the brie in the middle of the loaf.
Top with the strawberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet and cover with the top slice of bread.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, covered in foil for the first 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and slice the top piece of bread into cubes for dipping up the baked brie and strawberry goodness!
Cut slits every inch along the edge of the bread bowl, for easy pulling apart and dipping.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the top and serve.