Orange Glazed Chinese Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Orange Glazed Chinese Meatballs, made with pork sausage, are perfect served as Chinese appetizers at a party or over rice for a delicious dinner!
After 8 years of blogging and over 1100 recipes, Gluten Free Orange Chicken is still my brothers favorite recipe on the blog!
I can’t blame him though, the orange sauce is to die for, which is why I decided to incorporate it into more recipes! From Orange Glazed Salmon to these Orange Glazed Meatballs, this sauce is delicious on everything it touches!
These orange glazed Chinese meatballs are easy enough to make for dinner and can be served with rice or rice noodles. They’re part of my “29 Minute Meals” recipe collection and always in rotation on my easy weeknight dinner menu.
If you’re looking for Chinese appetizers to serve at a party, these meatballs are also perfect for that! Whether it’s a holiday party, Super Bowl or Chinese New Year, every time I serve these meatballs at an event, they’re always a hit!
How to make Chinese Meatballs
Combine 2 pounds pork sausage or a combination of 1 pound ground pork and 1 pound ground beef. Add a whisked egg, cornstarch and brown sugar. Form into 24 golf ball sized meatballs. Place the meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake in the oven at 375°F for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover in orange sauce, then place back in the oven under the broiler on low for 3-4 minutes. Flip the meatballs, cover in more sauce and place back under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with diced green onion and sesame seeds.
What is orange sauce made of?
Orange sauce, commonly found on chicken at Chinese restaurants, is made with orange juice, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, orange zest, ginger and brown sugar.
Is Chinese orange sauce spicy?
No. Chinese orange sauce is sweet and zesty and can be used on chicken, pork, meatballs, seafood or veggies.
What to serve with Chinese Meatballs?
Chinese meatballs can be served with cooked rice or rice noodles. They can also be served with cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
Soy Ginger Shishito Peppers make a great side dish to accompany these Chinese meatballs.
For more Chinese “29 Minute Meals”, check out these popular recipes!
- Gluten Free Chinese Honey Chicken
- Easy Chicken Lo Mein
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- General Tso’s Vegetarian Noodle Stir Fry
- Chicken Potsticker Stir Fry
- General Tso’s Chicken Wings
Chinese Orange Glazed Meatballs
- ¼ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, tamari for gluten free
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 lbs pork sausage, spicy, mild or a combination of the two
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh green onions, chopped – garnish
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the orange juice, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, orange zest, ginger and ¼ cup brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sausage, cornstarch, whisked egg, and remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- Roll the sausage mixture into approximately 24 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and turn the oven broiler on to low.
- Pour half of the orange sauce over the meatballs and place them back in the oven under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the meatballs, pour the remaining sauce on the meatballs and place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the meatballs with green onions and sesame seeds for serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.