This post may contain affiliate links.
This Taco Ring recipe made with crescent rolls and filled with taco seasoned ground beef, cheddar cheese, bell peppers and onions, is an easy recipe for weeknight dinners, made in under an hour!
The Taco Ring was introduced to me when I was 12 years old and my Mom took me to a Pampered Chef party. (And people wonder why I love cooking so much!) We made taco rings at the party and the recipe instantly became a favorite at the Bond house!
For this recipe, I kept it classic, but added two of my favorite taco mix-ins, onions and bell peppers!
What is a taco ring?
A taco ring is made with 2 cans of crescent roll dough, shaped into a ring with a hole in the middle. It’s filled with taco seasoned ground beef and cheddar cheese. The crescent rolls are then rolled over the ground beef filling and the ring is baked in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
How to assemble a taco ring?
To make it easy to assemble, start by placing a glass in the middle of a baking sheet. Assemble the crescent rolls around the glass. Spoon the ground beef mixture onto the crescent rolls, then slowly remove the glass, so that all of the ground beef mixture stays on the crescent rolls and does not fall in the hole in the middle.
Wrap the crescent roll dough up and over the ground beef and tuck under the beef in the middle.
What to serve with a Taco Ring
I always serve it with sour cream, salsa and guacamole for dipping. You can also serve it with Green Chili Queso Dip (a personal & fan favorite!), Mexican Rice and/or Deconstructed Mexican Street Corn on the side.
Can you make a taco ring with ground turkey?
Yes, you can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken for the ground beef in this recipe.
How to eat a Taco Ring
Slice the ring, like you would a pie, then use a pie server or spatula to serve the pieces. To eat it, use a fork to dig right in!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 8 count cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- diced jalapeños
- diced tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the bell peppers and onion
- Sauté for 5 minutes then add the ground beef and brown.
- Drain the grease from the ground beef, then add the taco seasoning, water and cheese. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Form a ring with the crescent rolls by placing a small glass on the center of a baking stone then staggering the crescent rolls around the glass with the wide ends overlapping in the center.
- Add the ground beef mixture to the middle of the crescent roll ring around the glass.
- Remove the glass from the middle and roll the dough up and over the ground beef.
- Place the roll in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a ramekin filled with optional toppings in the middle of the roll.
- Vegetarian Option: Substitute meatless crumbles or soyrizo for the ground beef to make this recipe vegetarian.
- Nutritional information provided does not include the optional toppings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.