Jerk Chicken Burgers
This post may contain affiliate links.
Gluten Free Jerk Chicken Burgers are a quick and easy meal to make at home that puts a unique spin on a traditional burger!
I fell in love with Jerk Seasoning a few years ago after eating a Jerk Chicken Pizza at a local San Diego restaurant.
I have no idea why, but I had since totally forgotten about the delicious Jamaican spice that is perfect on chicken and pork.
That is until now! I was reunited with Jerk Seasoning last week and created these Jerk Chicken Burgers, inspired by the popularity of my Buffalo Chicken Burgers. So simple. So much flavor!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- ½ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves (for wrapping)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce (for topping)
Combine the ground chicken, red onion, red bell pepper and garlic clove in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, jerk seasoning, salt and pepper.
Combine all of the ingredients together then separate the mixture into 6 burger patties.
Place on a grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side. Or do what I did and grill them on your fancy indoor Opti-Grill (one of my new favorite kitchen gadgets!)
If an indoor or outdoor grill is not available, you can also cook them in a cast iron skillet on the stove for 8-10 minutes per side.
Once cooked, wrap the burgers up with some lettuce and top with a little sweet chili sauce!
They’re a little sweet, a little spicy and a lot of scrumptious!
I may or may not have eaten these burgers for three straight meals! They’re so good and so easy to make!
Jerk Chicken Burgers
- Combine the ground chicken, red onion, red bell pepper and garlic clove in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, jerk seasoning black pepper and salt.
- Combine all of the ingredients together then separate the mixture into 6 burger patties.
- Place on a grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, wrap the burgers in lettuce and top with a little sweet chili sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.