Jerk Chicken Kabobs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Jerk chicken kabobs with pineapple and bell peppers, the perfect gluten free recipe to toss on the grill and serve with honey lime sauce!
There’s nothing I love more than firing up the grill for dinner on warm summer nights and weekend BBQ’s!
This weekend we put our first offer in on a house (eeeeek!) It’s so exciting and terrifying at the same time. This house needs A LOT of work, so I’ve been putting some serious spreadsheet skills to use creating a list of all the work that needs to be done, a timeline for the renovation and budgeting.
Even though it seems totally unnecessary, one of the things at the top of my list is an outdoor patio addition. I love entertaining, especially outdoors in San Diego, so this is really important to me!
After living in an apartment for almost a year without having a space to entertain outside (or really inside for that matter!) I can’t wait to get in the new house (fingers crossed!) and fire up the grill for that first outdoor BBQ!
One of my favorite things to toss on the grill is a skewer or kabob. While I grew up calling them skewers, technically the skewer is the device in which the meat and vegetables are skewered on, and the dish is called a kabob. Learn something new every day! 😉
Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers are my all-time favorite, while these Jerk Chicken Kabobs are right up there with them! I also love these Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers and these Grilled Vegetable Skewers!
Kabobs are a great gluten-free dish to toss on the grill. Unlike burgers or hot dogs, you don’t need a bun to serve these babies up!
They’re also super easy to prep ahead of time and leave in the fridge until ready to toss on the grill.
If you don’t have access to an outdoor grill (like me for the last year!) this indoor grill is my favorite!
It’s so flavorful, with just a little bit of spice! You can find it on Amazon or in World Market stores.
Jerk Chicken Kabobs Ingredients
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning (←link to Walkerswood, my favorite Jerk Seasoning)
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 large green bell pepper (sliced into 1” squares)
- Optional: Honey Lime Sauce for serving
Jerk Chicken Kabobs Instructions
Add the lime juice and jerk seasoning to a ziplock bag, or container, with the chicken.
Toss to coat the chicken, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
After 30 minutes, skewer the chicken, pineapple and bell pepper.
Place the kabobs on an outdoor grill or indoor grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, flip and grill for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Serve with additional limes for squeezing over the kabobs, and honey lime sauce on the side for dipping or drizzling over the jerk chicken kabobs.
This recipe couldn’t be easier, or more delicious! The juicy, sweet grilled pineapple pairs perfectly with the slightly spicy jerk chicken kabobs for a wonderfully flavorful dish!
Jerk Chicken Kabobs
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1” squares
Optional for Serving
- 1 cup Honey Lime Sauce, click link for recipe
- Add the lime juice and jerk seasoning to a ziplock bag or container with the chicken.
- Toss to coat the chicken, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- After 30 minutes, skewer the chicken, pineapple and bell pepper.
- Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, flip and grill for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with additional limes for squeezing over the skewers, and honey lime sauce on the side for dipping or drizzling over the kabobs.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.