Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas are a quick and easy appetizer recipe to whip up for a party that is sure to be a crowd favorite!
When it comes to entertaining around the holidays, I’m the hostess with the mostest!
Since my birthday happens to fall in the same month as Christmas, Hanukkah, Chrismukkah and New Years Eve, I throw one epic birthday/holiday party to celebrate everything!
That party just so happens to have been this past weekend, and quite the party it was! From champagne toasts, to visits from Santa, to exhilarating games of Cards Against Humanity and Heads Up! But let’s be honest, the most exciting part of the party was the food!
I served over a dozen appetizers and desserts, from the classics like Bacon Wrapped Dates, Sausage Balls and Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, to new favorites, like these Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas.
Being crowned the “Queen of Buffalo Sauce” I’ve found that it’s my duty to come up with new and exciting recipes that include buffalo sauce for every occasion.
Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas Ingredients
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 bag mini round tortilla chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (habanero cheddar optional for extra spice!)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup diced green onions
Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas Instructions
You have a couple of options for cooking the buffalo chicken. I added the chicken and buffalo sauce to a slow cooker the morning of my party, and cooked it on high for 3-4 hours (it can also be cooked on low for 6-8 hours) then shredded apart to use in the recipe.
If you’re in a bit more of a hurry, you can also bake the chicken in the buffalo sauce in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and shred the chicken.
If you’re in a serious hurry, (like I need Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas in my life in the next 10 minutes hurry!) you can buy cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, and simply toss it with the buffalo sauce.
Once you have the buffalo chicken cooked and shredded, spoon it on top of mini round tortilla chips.
Heat the broiler on the oven to low. Top the chips with the cheddar cheese.
Place under the broiler in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Squeeze a dollop of sour cream onto each mini tostada.
Top with the diced green onions.
Seriously, so simple! Once the buffalo chicken is ready, it takes about 10 minutes to whip this scrumptious appetizer up for a party!
Mini Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
- Prepare the buffalo chicken by adding the chicken and buffalo sauce to a slow cooker and cooking on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, or bake the chicken in the buffalo sauce in the oven at 375°F for 45 minutes, or buy cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, and toss it with the buffalo sauce.
- Shred the chicken after cooking.
- Once the buffalo chicken is cooked and shredded, spoon it on top of mini round tortilla chips.
- Heat the broiler on the oven to low.
- Top the chips with the cheddar cheese.
- Place under the broiler in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Squeeze a dollop of sour cream onto each mini tostada.
- Top with diced green onions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.