Sous vide chicken is so easy to make and creates the most juicy and tender chicken you’ll ever eat! Vacuum seal the chicken with BBQ sauce and toss it in the sous vide for 90 minutes to create a delicious meal!
Today’s post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of FoodSaver®; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
A couple of years ago I introduced my first sous vide recipe, Italian Flank Steak with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, since then I’ve shared recipes for Sous Vide Sliders, Sous Vide Turkey Breast and Sous Vide Chipotle Apple Pork Loin.
Needless to say, the sous vide has been a game changer in our weeknight meal prep and today I’m introducing another game changer to the blog, FoodSaver® Sous-vide Vacuum Seal Bags and the FoodSaver® FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System.
Cooking your food in durable, airtight sous-vide bags with your favorite spices, sauces or marinades guarantees a perfectly consistent result every time without worrying about water or air seeping into your food during the sous vide process. They also lock in all of the freshness of your meat or veggies and the flavor of the seasonings you add to them.
From chicken to beef ribs, there’s a variety of sizes of sous-vide bags available that will fit anything you’d like to sous vide! We use the quart size bags at home for smaller items like chicken breasts and beef filets, then use the gallon size bags for larger items like beef ribs and pork loins. For best results always use the FoodSaver sous-vide bags with the FoodSaver vacuum sealing systems.
FoodSaver® Sous-vide Vacuum Seal Bags and the FoodSaver® FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System can be purchased in-store or online at Target. Who’s ready for a Target trip? You better hurry, because during the month of July 2018, they are offering 20% off both products. Score!
Sous Vide BBQ Chicken Recipe
Making this sous vide BBQ chicken recipe using the FoodSaver sous-vide bags and vacuum sealing system is so easy. Simply vacuum seal each chicken breast individually with BBQ sauce in a sous-vide bag, then toss it in the sous vide for 90 minutes. Remove from the sous vide and give it a quick sear on the grill, if you’d like. Easy as that you’ve got perfectly cooked sous vide chicken!
Can you cook frozen chicken in the sous vide?
Yes! You can actually vacuum seal your favorite meat or veggies with seasonings, using the FM2000 vacuum sealing system and sous-vide bags, store them in the freezer until ready to use, then put them straight in your sous-vide with no defrosting required!
How long does it take to sous vide chicken?
Sous vide chicken should cook in the sous vide at 150°F for 90 minutes.
The great thing about this Sous Vide BBQ Chicken is that you can turn it into several different meals throughout the week. Here are six great ideas to get you cooking!
- Baked Spaghetti with BBQ Chicken and Bacon – this baked pasta dish paired with sous vide bbq chicken is totally tasty!
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – slice up this delicious sous vide chicken and add it on top of pizza dough with bbq sauce, red onions, cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- BBQ Chicken Peach Bacon Quesadilla – slice the chicken and add it to a quesadilla for a scrumptious spin on a Mexican food favorite!
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad – add this BBQ chicken to the top of a salad tossed with ranch dressing and topped with tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese.
- BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese – diced up the chicken and add it to this delicious mac & cheese recipe!
- BBQ Chicken Wraps – slice this BBQ chicken up and add it to a tortilla with lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese for a tasty wrap.
Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts app ½ lb each
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat a sous vide machine filled with water to 150°F.
- Toss the chicken breasts with the BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Add each chicken breast to a quart size FoodSaver bag.
- Open the FoodSaver appliance lid and place the open end of the bag into the vacuum channel.
- Close the lid and turn the latch to the operate position.
Press the vacuum/seal button and let the motor run until the bag is fully vacuumed.
- When the seal indicator light turns off, move the latch to the open position, lift the FoodSaver lid and remove the bag.
- Repeat for each chicken breast.
- Add the vacuum sealed BBQ chicken to the sous vide and set a timer for 90 minutes.
- Remove the BBQ chicken from the sous vide after 90 minutes.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Sear the chicken for 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If cooking more chicken breasts, add 3 tbsp of BBQ sauce per chicken breast.