Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
Sous vide chicken is so easy to make and creates the most juicy and tender chicken you’ll ever eat! Vacuum seal the chicken with BBQ sauce and toss it in the sous vide for 90 minutes to create a delicious meal!
Today’s post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of FoodSaver.
Needless to say, the sous vide has been a game changer in our weeknight meal prep and today I’m introducing another game changer to the blog, FoodSaver® Sous-vide Vacuum Seal Bags and the FoodSaver® FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System.
Cooking your food in durable, airtight sous-vide bags with your favorite spices, sauces or marinades guarantees a perfectly consistent result every time without worrying about water or air seeping into your food during the sous vide process. They also lock in all of the freshness of your meat or veggies and the flavor of the seasonings you add to them.
Table of contents
How to make Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
Making this sous vide BBQ chicken recipe is so easy. Simply vacuum seal each chicken breast individually with BBQ sauce in a sous-vide bag, then toss it in the sous vide for 90 minutes.
Remove from the sous vide and give the chicken a quick sear on the grill, if you’d like. Easy as that you’ve got perfectly cooked sous vide chicken!
Can you cook frozen chicken in the sous vide?
Yes! You can actually vacuum seal your favorite meat or veggies with seasonings, store them in the freezer, then put them straight in your sous-vide with no defrosting required!
How long does it take to sous vide chicken?
Chicken breasts should cook in the sous vide at 150°F for 90 minutes.
How to serve the chicken
The great thing about this Sous Vide BBQ Chicken is that you can turn it into several different meals throughout the week. Here are six great ideas to get you cooking!
- Baked Spaghetti with BBQ Chicken and Bacon – this baked pasta dish paired with sous vide bbq chicken is totally tasty!
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – slice up this delicious sous vide chicken and add it on top of pizza dough with bbq sauce, red onions, cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad – add this BBQ chicken to the top of a salad tossed with ranch dressing and topped with tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese.
- Peach Bacon BBQ Chicken Quesadilla – slice the chicken and add it to a quesadilla for a scrumptious spin on a Mexican food favorite!
- BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese – diced up the chicken and add it to this delicious mac & cheese recipe!
- BBQ Chicken Wraps – slice this BBQ chicken up and add it to a tortilla with lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese for a tasty wrap.
More sous vide recipes to try
- Sous Vide Chicken Wings
- Steak Crostini
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs
- Pork Chops with Cherry Balsamic Sauce
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast
- Sous Vide Chipotle Apple Pork Loin
Sous Vide BBQ Chicken
- Preheat a sous vide machine filled with water to 150°F.
- Toss the chicken breasts with the BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Add each chicken breast to a quart size FoodSaver bag.
- Open the FoodSaver appliance lid and place the open end of the bag into the vacuum channel.
- Close the lid and turn the latch to the operate position.
- Press the vacuum/seal button and let the motor run until the bag is fully vacuumed.
- When the seal indicator light turns off, move the latch to the open position, lift the FoodSaver lid and remove the bag.
- Repeat for each chicken breast.
- Add the vacuum sealed BBQ chicken to the sous vide and set a timer for 90 minutes.
- Remove the BBQ chicken from the sous vide after 90 minutes.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Sear the chicken for 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.