Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links.
This one skillet dish combines the delicious flavors of roasted tomatoes, crispy kale & cheesy polenta in a simple recipe that’s vegetarian & gluten free!
The three most commonly asked questions I get asked as a professional food blogger:
- How do you make money?
- What’s your favorite recipe?
- How do you keep coming up with new recipes?
To answer these questions:
- I’m currently working on a “Blogger Resource” page for WhitneyBond.com which will include everything from how to start a blog, how to use social media to promote and grow a blog, SEO tips for bloggers and the million dollar question… how to make money blogging!
- My recipes are like my babies and while I do love them all… I do have some personal favorites, you can find them all here!
- I honestly can’t stop coming up with new recipes. I sit down to create one or two new recipes, then end up with a 10 page google doc filled with new ideas. This is how most of my recipes are created, well thought out, planned, ingredients shopped for, made, photographed, eaten (my favorite part 😉 ). The one exception to this rule are the days where I just head into the kitchen and whip up something with whatever is left in the fridge. I like to call these my “experimental days” and they usually go one of two ways. I either end up with one of the best recipes I’ve ever made, or with a recipe that’s edible but not “Blog-worthy”.
This recipe was one of those special recipes that came together with ingredients I had left in my refrigerator and was one of the best recipes I’ve ever made.
My friend Tim was coming over for lunch on Wednesday, so I planned this grand meal of Mediterranean Stuffed Shells and Beet Hummus, both of which were totally delicious and very “photography friendly”.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Tim is an uber talented photographer, seriously, check out his work, so whenever he comes over to eat, I have to make sure my meals are “Instagram-worthy” haha.
Well, of course his shoot on Wednesday ran late, so we had to move lunch to Friday. Womp, womp. Looked like I would be the only one posting photos of the stuffed shells and beet hummus to Instagram!
Needless to say Friday rolled around and I didn’t have time to go grocery shopping, so instead of a planned, grand meal, Tim got a “whatever is in my fridge meal”. Luckily, it just so happened to come out amazing!
This meal is the Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet.
Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet Ingredients
- 18 oz prepared polenta
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups kale (chopped)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet Instructions
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Combine the polenta, mascarpone and parmesan cheeses.
Spread in the bottom of a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe skillet).
In a large bowl, combine the kale, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place the mixture on top of the polenta in the skillet.
Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Voila! Creamy, cheesy polenta, topped with crispy kale and juicy tomatoes made for the perfect combination of taste and texture in this super easy one dish meal!
Grab a spoon and dig in!
Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the polenta, mascarpone and parmesan cheeses.
- Spread in the bottom of a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe skillet).
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on top of the polenta in the skillet.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the fresh chopped basil.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.