Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links.
Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta tops balsamic grilled chicken in this delicious fall chicken recipe, made in only 29 minutes!
For the last two years, this Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta Recipe has been one of the most popular on the blog. It’s easy to make, so flavorful and also one of my favorite recipes ever!
A couple of weeks ago I was toying around with the idea of giving some of my favorite recipes on the blog new twists.I came up with the idea of turning this wonderful Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta recipe into a grilled bruschetta chicken recipe.
I was so excited by the idea that I ran to the store, grabbed the ingredients and whipped up this dish immediately! Luckily for me, it lived up to the expectations I had in my mind.
It is delicious, flavorful and a great healthy dish! It can be served with steamed or roasted veggies, salad, quinoa or zucchini noodles to make it an all around tasty meal, that’s also good for you!
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Diced butternut squash – feel free to buy a whole butternut squash, peel it, dice it and remove the seeds. Or you can buy already peeled, cubed butternut squash in the produce section at most grocery stores, or frozen on the freezer aisle with the other vegetables.
- Diced apples – I used a fuji apple for this recipe, but other types of apples can be used if you’d like!
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Fresh sage leaves – if you can’t find fresh sage, Litehouse freeze-dried sage is a great alternative!
- Balsamic reduction – while you can make this at home, I recommend buying it bottled at the grocery store to save time. You’ll find it on the aisle near the other vinegars.
Step by step instructions
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and 3 cloves minced garlic in a small bowl.
Add this mixture to a large plastic bag with the chicken breasts and place in the refrigerator.
Toss the butternut squash and apples with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 cloves minced garlic, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and sage.
Place in an even layer on a baking sheet and into the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Take the chicken out of the marinade and place on a grill over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
- Quick tip! In the winter I use my indoor OptiGrill for all of my grilling, and I highly recommend it! You can also use a grill pan, which I use for things like meatballs and burgers in the winter!
Once the chicken is grilled, slice each chicken breast and top with the butternut squash and apple bruschetta. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
This grilled bruschetta chicken is a fun new way to utilize fall produce like butternut squash and apples in a different way. And it’s something that everyone will love!
More butternut squash recipes
If you love butternut squash as much as I do, you have to check out these 5 scrumptious butternut squash recipes!
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad
- Butternut Squash Sausage Strudel
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the chicken by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Add this mixture to a large plastic bag with the chicken breasts and place in the refrigerator for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and place on a grill over medium heat for 10-12 minutes per side.
- Prepare the butternut squash apple bruschetta by tossing the butternut squash and apples with the olive oil, minced garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and sage.
- Place in an even layer on a baking sheet and into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is grilled, slice each chicken breast and top with the butternut squash and apple bruschetta, then drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.