Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links.
Flavorful chorizo, crisp corn, black beans, juicy tomatoes and delicious chilies are added to these Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers, for one scrumptious, gluten free meal!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Mighty Spark!
Stuffed Peppers are one of my go-to gluten free meals, whether they’re filled with Buffalo Chicken, Spicy Eggplant, Italian Ground Turkey and Mushrooms or Chorizo, Corn and Black Beans, I love how easy they are to make and toss in the oven, slow cooker or on the grill!
Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
To make these chorizo stuffed bell peppers, saute onion, jalapeno and garlic with Mighty Spark Ground Chorizo, then toss in some mexicorn, diced tomatoes with green chilies and black beans. Stuff this mixture in bell pepper halves, then toss them on the grill for 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before you pull them off the grill, sprinkle with a little cotija cheese.
These stuffed bell peppers are perfect for meal prep or making ahead. The chorizo, black bean & corn filling can be made ahead of time, then stuffed into the peppers right before cooking, or go ahead and stuff the peppers ahead of time, then grill or bake as many as you want at a time.
Don’t have a grill? Don’t worry, you can also make these stuffed peppers in the oven, by baking them at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
I used Mighty Spark Gringo Chorizo in this recipe because it’s simply the best chorizo out there! It’s made with ghost peppers and Mexican seasonings, giving it so much flavor and just the right amount of heat!
In addition to Mighty Spark products being totally delicious (and they totally are! See how I used their Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage in these Grilled Sausage Potato Pepper Bowls!), they’re also committed to giving back. In fact, for every Mighty Spark product purchased, they donate a meal to a hungry child.
You really can’t beat amazing products, combined with an amazing mission!
Check out the Mighty Spark website to learn more about their products, mission and where you can find their products in a store near you!
Don’t forget to pin this Grilled Stuffed Peppers recipe for later and when you make it, be sure to share a pic on Instagram and tag me @WhitneyBond or use the hashtag #WBRecipes!
Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Chorizo
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10 oz can mexicorn
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 large bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise & seeded
- ½ cup cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the onions, jalapeno and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn and black beans, stir together, then remove from the heat.
- Add the mixture to each bell pepper half.
- Preheat a grill to medium, then add the peppers to the grill with the meat mixture facing up.
- Grill for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing the peppers from the grill, sprinkle the cheese over the chorizo mixture in the peppers.
- Remove from the grill and optionally top with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
- Instead of the grill, these stuffed bell peppers can also be baked in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- The nutritional information provided does not include the optional toppings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
2 Comments on “Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers”
This is going on my go to dinner list!
I want this for dinner!