Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links.
Flavorful chorizo, crisp corn, black beans, juicy tomatoes and delicious chilies are added to these Grilled Stuffed Bell Peppers, for one scrumptious, gluten free meal!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Mighty Spark!
Stuffed Peppers are one of my go-to gluten free meals, whether they’re filled with Buffalo Chicken, Spicy Eggplant, Italian Ground Turkey and Mushrooms or Chorizo, Corn and Black Beans, I love how easy they are to make and toss in the oven, slow cooker or on the grill!
How to make them
To make these chorizo stuffed bell peppers, saute onion, jalapeno and garlic with ground chorizo, then toss in some mexicorn, diced tomatoes with green chilies and black beans. Stuff this mixture in bell pepper halves, then toss them on the grill for 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before you pull them off the grill, sprinkle with a little cotija cheese.
These stuffed bell peppers are perfect for meal prep or making ahead. The chorizo, black bean and corn filling can be made ahead of time, then stuffed into the peppers right before cooking, or go ahead and stuff the peppers ahead of time, then grill or bake as many as you want at a time.
Don’t have a grill? Don’t worry, you can also make these stuffed peppers in the oven, by baking them at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Chorizo
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 10 oz can mexicorn
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 large bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise & seeded
- ½ cup cotija cheese or queso fresco
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the onions, jalapeno and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn and black beans, stir together, then remove from the heat.
- Add the mixture to each bell pepper half.
- Preheat a grill to medium, then add the peppers to the grill with the meat mixture facing up.
- Grill for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before removing the peppers from the grill, sprinkle the cheese over the chorizo mixture in the peppers.
- Remove from the grill and optionally top with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
- Instead of the grill, these stuffed bell peppers can also be baked in the oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- The nutritional information provided does not include the optional toppings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.