Potato & Ham Hash: Three Ways
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ham hash is made in just 30 minutes for an easy breakfast anytime! With just a few different ingredients, you can transform this recipe three ways, into an Italian, Mexican or Greek hash.
Ham hash is something my Dad used to make me for breakfast growing up. Diced potatoes, onions and ham, with a little cheese sprinkled on top at the end. It was simple and my absolute favorite as a kid! As an adult, I partnered up with my friends at Smithfield, to kick up my ham hash a bit, adding a few different ingredients to make three different varieties.
First up is the Italian Ham Hash which features basil pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. It’s like taking your favorite pasta dish and making it into your new favorite breakfast potato dish!
Next up is the Mexican Ham Hash featuring jalapenos, a dash of chili powder, pepper jack cheese and fresh avocado. This one is a personal favorite as I love the Mexican flavors and I can never say no to a breakfast topped with avocado!
Finally, the Greek Ham Hash featuring mushrooms, oregano, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. This dish will make you feel like you’re having breakfast in the Mediterranean! The creamy feta on top is my favorite addition to this easy ham hash recipe!
The best thing about all of these ham hash recipes is that they’re made in just 30 minutes! That means, no matter whether it’s a Monday morning at 7 AM or Saturday morning at 10 AM, you’ll have time to whip up these great recipes for your family!
Each of these Ham Hash recipes are made with Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham. Grabbing a package of this ham at the store makes it easy to incorporate the legendary taste of Smithfield ham into your meals without having to prepare a full spiral ham!
I love that the Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham is pre-sliced and easy to toss in each of these hash recipes for a boost of protein to start the day… or end the day. Breakfast for dinner? Yes, please!
How to Make Ham Hash
This easy ham hash recipe is made by adding diced potatoes, onions and garlic to a large skillet over medium high heat and cooking for 20 minutes. Next, add the ham and depending on the type of hash, Italian, Mexican or Greek, add the additional ingredients of your choice. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, top with cheese and serve!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
Ham Hash: Three Ways
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz package Smithfield Anytime Favorites Ham, cubed
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is heated, add the potatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the hash and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ham and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
For the Italian version:
- Add the pesto and tomatoes with the ham.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, cover and let melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the fresh basil.
For the Mexican version:
- Add the jalapenos at the same time as the potatoes, onion and garlic.
- After adding the ham and cooking for 5 minutes, sprinkle the pepper jack cheese on top, cover and let melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the avocado and fresh cilantro.
For the Greek version:
- Add the mushrooms at the same time as the potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes with the ham.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove from the heat, sprinkle with the feta cheese and fresh parsley.
- The nutritional information provided is for the Italian version of the ham hash.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.