Banh Mi Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links.
Turn your favorite banh mi sandwich into a pizza with this easy and delicious Banh Mi Pizza recipe, topped with sesame ginger ground pork, fresh carrots, jalapeños, cilantro and Sriracha!
A couple of weeks ago, I was really craving pizza, but I wanted something different. I started thinking of some of my other favorite meals that I could transform into a delicious pizza. The banh mi sandwich came to mind and I began to experiment!
On the first banh mi pizza experiment I placed the jalapenos, onions and carrots with the pork on the pizza before baking. The family consensus was that to be more true to a real banh mi sandwich, the toppings should be raw and added after the pizza was baked.
I also did a little experimenting with the sauce and about 5 pizza taste-tests later, the perfect banh mi pizza was born!
Table of contents
How to make it
To make the perfect banh mi pizza, simply whisk together the sesame ginger sauce, cook up a little ground pork with half of the sauce and par-bake the pizza dough.
Top the par-baked pizza dough with the remainder of the sesame ginger sauce, the cooked pork and mozzarella cheese, bake, then add the raw onions, jalapenos and carrots on top. To finish it off, give it a little drizzle of sriracha and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro.
What goes in a banh mi?
A banh mi is a traditional Vietnamese sandwich made by filling a baguette with pork, fresh cilantro, pickled carrots and sliced chilies or spicy chili sauce.
Tools used to make this recipe
Other pizza recipes to try
- Korean BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Thai Peanut Chicken Naan Pizza
- Jalapeno Sausage Pizza with 3 Cheese Jalapeno Ranch Sauce
- Spicy Sausage Mini Pizzas
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza
Banh Mi Pizza
Sesame Ginger Sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Banh Mi Pizza
- 10 oz pizza dough
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the sesame ginger sauce together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough into a circle or rectangle on a baking stone. Place in the oven to bake for 8 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ground pork and cook for 5 minutes. Pour half of the sesame ginger sauce over the pork and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven, top with the remaining half of the sesame ginger sauce, the cooked pork and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the carrots, red onions and jalapenos. Drizzle with the Sriracha, then top with the fresh cilantro.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
One Comment on “Banh Mi Pizza”
This is by far one of our favorite pizza recipes! We have it at least a couple of times a month. Thank you for sharing it!