Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links.
Everyone’s favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip is the topping for this delicious pizza recipe, with three cheeses and grilled buffalo chicken, you can’t go wrong!
If you know me, you know I love buffalo dip in all shapes and forms. Like in Buffalo Chicken Dip Taco Cups, Buffalo Chicken Dip Bread Bowl, and even these Jalapeño Buffalo Chicken Dip Sliders. And now I took the greatest dip in the history of the planet earth and put it on top of the greatest Italian creation ever, pizza!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza features so much cheesy goodness in every bite, along with juicy chicken, and the perfect kick from buffalo sauce. If you’re a longtime fan of Buffalo Chicken Dip, you have to make this pizza!
I grilled the pizza, because I’m on a total grilling kick these days, but the pizza can just as easily be baked in the oven. You can make homemade pizza dough for the crust, or purchase the crust in the store, depending on the time you have available.
No matter how you make it, you’re going to absolutely LOVE this buffalo cheesy pizza creation!
Table of contents
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – I’m going to show you below how to make grilled buffalo chicken for the pizza. But you can also use this recipe for Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken, or this recipe for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, and use either of these shredded chicken recipes on the pizza.
- Buffalo sauce – I like to use Frank’s RedHot buffalo wing sauce for all of my recipes. I’ve tried several different brands of buffalo sauce over the years, but Frank’s is still my favorite. I actually order it by the gallon on Amazon!
- Cream cheese – always make sure to leave the cream cheese out on the counter for at least 30 minutes before making the pizza to soften it up. This way, it will easily spread on the pizza.
- Blue cheese dressing – you can also substitute in ranch dressing, if you’re not a fan of blue cheese.
- Pizza crust – either purchase a pre-made crust, like you see pictured above. Or make your own pizza dough, then stretch the dough out into a circle and pre-bake it in the oven for 5-7 minutes, before adding the toppings and baking the pizza.
- Mozzarella cheese – for this recipe I used grated mozzarella, but you can also use slices of fresh mozzarella, if you prefer.
- Cheddar cheese – I always recommend shredding your own cheese at home, as the flavor and texture is better than pre-shredded cheese.
- Blue cheese crumbles – not a fan of blue cheese? No worries, simply leave it off the pizza.
- Pepperoncinis or pickled jalapeños – these toppings are optional and will add a little heat to the pizza!
Step by step instructions
Cook the chicken. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Toss chicken breasts in buffalo sauce and place them on the grill. Grill for 10-12 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then dice.
Start with the pizza base. Combine the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing together in a small bowl and spread it on the pizza crust.
Add the toppings. Spread the grilled, diced chicken over the cheese sauce, then drizzle buffalo sauce all over.
Cover with cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella, cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles on top of the chicken.
Grill the pizza. Place the prepared pizza on the grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. You can put the pizza directly on the grates, on top of foil, or a grill-safe baking stone.
Or, bake the pizza in the oven. If you do not want to grill the pizza, place it on a baking stone or baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
Garnish and serve! Drizzle more buffalo sauce over top and add pepperoncinis or pickled jalapeños for an extra kick!
Frequently asked questions
- Can you make the buffalo chicken ahead of time? You sure can! Grill, pressure cook, or slow cook the chicken ahead of time, then when you’re ready to make the pizza, it will only take about 5 minutes to toss it together and into the oven, or on to the grill!
- Can I add other toppings? Of course, if you’re a fan of bell peppers, onions, jalapenos or banana peppers on your pizza, each of the veggies would pair perfectly with this buffalo chicken pizza!
- Can you grill any pizza? Yes, you can! The grill is a great way to cook pizza. Not only does it get nice and hot like a pizza oven, but it also adds great smoky flavor.
- How long do you bake pizza? It really depends on the pizza, the thickness of the crust, and whether or not you pre-cook the dough. Most pizzas take 10-20 minutes to bake. Because the dough and chicken has been pre-cooked in this recipe, you only need to bake it long enough to melt the cheese, about 10 minutes.
What to serve with it
Make the most epic pizza night at home by pairing this buffalo chicken pizza recipe with these salads and sides!
- Grilled Zucchini
- Classic Panzanella Salad with Basil & Artichokes
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Nachos
- Crispy Eggplant Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
- Buffalo Zucchini Chips
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
More pizza recipes to try
Have a fun “make your own pizza night” at home every week with these delicious flavor combinations!
- Kurt’s Famous Pan Pizza
- Hawaiian Pizza with Sriracha Pizza Sauce
- Banh Mi Pizza
- Italian Sub Pizza
- Thai Peanut Chicken Naan Pizza
- Jalapeño Sausage Pizza with 3 Cheese Jalapeño Ranch Sauce
Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup pepperoncinis, sliced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Cover the chicken breast in 2 tbsp buffalo sauce and place on the grill.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill, let rest 5 minutes, then dice.
- Combine the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing together and spread on the pizza crust.
- Top with the diced buffalo chicken, then drizzle ¼ cup buffalo sauce over the chicken.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Place on the grill on top of foil or a grill-safe baking stone.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, or bake it in the oven at 400° for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp buffalo sauce over the pizza and top with pepperoncinis or pickled jalapeños.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.