Everyone’s favorite buffalo chicken dip is baked right into a bread bowl for the perfect party, game day or weekend appetizer!
Super Bowl Sunday is just a few days away and I’m gearing up for my annual Super Bowl party in my brand new house!
While the house isn’t quite complete, I’m in a “make it work” mode right now, so that I can host my annual party and serve all of my favorite “Buffalo Style” recipes to my friends!
While the usual Buffalo Pickle Chips, Buffalo Cheddar Biscuits and Buffalo Honey Mustard Meatballs are all on the menu, this year I decided to put a twist on my famous Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe and serve it in a bread bowl!
My Caramelized Pear and Baked Brie Bread Bowl is always a huge hit during the holiday season. I personally made it three times to take to parties in December! After the success of that recipe, I began to think, what else could I put in a bread bowl? Of course, anything with buffalo sauce always comes to mind first and I knew that my buffalo chicken dip would be perfect for a bread bowl.
Since I usually serve the dip with bread anyway, baking the dip right in a bread bowl made total sense and eliminates the need to clean a baking dish after it’s eaten. Less dishes = my favorite type of recipe!
If you love buffalo sauce as much as I do, you have to check out these Top 5 Recipes with Buffalo Sauce!
- Buffalo Turkey Meatball Subs
- One Pot Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Tortellini
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Buffalo Cheesy Meatloaf
- One Pot Buffalo Taco Spaghetti
Be the first to know when scrumptious new recipes are posted!
Sign up for delicious e-mail deliveries below!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Bread Bowl
Everyone's favorite buffalo chicken dip is baked right into a bread bowl for the perfect party, game day or weekend appetizer!
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup bleu cheese dressing
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the top ½ inch off of the round of sourdough bread.
- Cut a circle from the middle of the sourdough loaf being careful not to cut through to the bottom of the loaf.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, shredded chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Fill the bread bowl with this mixture.
- Top with the cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Place on a baking sheet and cover with the top slice of bread.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice the top piece of bread into cubes to serve with the dip.
- Cut slits every inch along the edge of the bread bowl, for easy pulling apart and dipping.