Italian Sub Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links.
All of the ingredients in a traditional Italian Sub, like salami, pepperoni & provolone, top this delicious Italian Sub Pizza Recipe, easily made in under 30 minutes in the oven or on the grill!
Thanks to Dietz & Watson for sponsoring this post!
There’s nothing like pizza to gather friends and family around the table! It’s a classic Italian dish that’s easily shared and everyone loves.
A couple of weeks ago, my friends at Dietz and Watson invited me to share their table & experience a 5 course dinner with celebrity chef, Giselle Wellman, as part of their #ChooseTheTable campaign.
I loved this campaign from the moment I heard about it because it’s all about bringing friends and family around the dinner table, anytime of the day, any day of the week with quick and easy recipes, which is what I’m all about!
I was inspired by the amazing meats and cheeses at the event (check out the epic spread on Instagram!) and couldn’t wait to come home to create a recipe for those I share the table with during the week, my boyfriend Kurt and our neighbors Matt and Ketty.
There’s nothing Kurt loves more than sandwiches (well, hopefully he loves me more, but he does really love sandwiches! 😉 ), so I decided to create an easy meal that incorporated his love for sandwiches and my love of Dietz & Watson salami, pepperoni and provolone!
I made an Italian Sub pizza on the grill, after all, it is summer and grilling season is in full effect! Oh, and grilling pizza is the best!
If you’ve never grilled a pizza, now is the time to start! This Italian Sub Pizza is topped with everything you love about an Italian Sub, three different kinds of meats, provolone cheese, Italian dressing and all the fixings!
Table of contents
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pizza dough (store bought or homemade – click the link for the homemade recipe)
- Italian dressing
- Red onions
- Provolone cheese
- Shredded lettuce
Step by step instructions
Spread pizza dough into a 12” round circle on non-stick foil. Place the foil, with the pizza dough on top, on the grill over medium heat. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the grill, drizzle ¼ cup of Italian dressing on the dough. Top with the salami, pepperoni, ham, tomatoes and onions.
Top with the provolone cheese.
Place back on the grill for 12-16 minutes, covered.
Remove from the grill when the crust begins to brown and the cheese begins to melt.
Toss the shredded lettuce with the remaining 1 tbsp Italian dressing and place on top of the pizza.
How to make it in the oven
If you’d prefer to make this Italian Sub Pizza in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the pizza on a baking stone instead of foil and follow the directions as you would on the grill, instead, placing it in the oven.
More pizza recipes to try
Italian Sub Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough, store bought or homemade – click the link for the homemade recipe
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Italian dressing, divided
- ½ 7 oz package Dietz & Watson Genoa Salami
- ½ 6 oz package Dietz & Watson Pepperoni
- ½ 7 oz package Dietz & Watson Maple Ham
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced red onions
- 8 slices Dietz & Watson Provolone Cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Spread pizza dough into a 12” round circle on non-stick foil.
- Place the foil, with the pizza dough on top, on the grill over medium heat.
- Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, drizzle ¼ cup of Italian dressing on the dough.
- Top with the salami, pepperoni, ham, tomatoes and onions.
- Top with the provolone cheese.
- Place back on the grill for 12-16 minutes, covered.
- Remove from the grill when the crust begins to brown and the cheese is melted & bubbly.
- Toss the shredded lettuce with the remaining 1 tbsp Italian dressing and place on top of the pizza.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.