Apple Dessert Pizza with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
This post may contain affiliate links.
When it comes to pizza night at home, don’t forget about dessert! This easy Apple Dessert Pizza recipe is topped with fresh sliced apples, a cinnamon streusel topping and a drizzle of icing. It’s sweet, flavorful and guaranteed to become a new family favorite!
Thank you to Honeybear Brands for sponsoring today’s post!
If there’s one thing we love around our house, it’s Friday night pizza night. It’s my favorite night of the whole week and it just got a whole lot sweeter!
In addition to our traditional pizza, we now make extra pizza dough each week so that we can have this delicious Apple Pizza for dessert! It’s so easy to make!
Thinly slice 2 apples, arrange them on top of pizza dough and top them with a cinnamon streusel topping. Bake the pizza for 30 minutes, finish it off with a drizzle of icing and just like that, you’ve got an incredible restaurant-style dessert pizza ready to go!
For the apples on the pizza, I used Pazazz apples. They’re bold, bright and juicy with an explosive crunch, perfect for popping on top of this simple pizza recipe! You can find them at most major groceries stores from late fall through the summer months.
In addition to being totally delicious, these apples are good for you! I always recommend eating the apple peels as it’s a prebiotic, which will help you maintain a healthy gut. Apples are also good for your heart, promoting bone health and protecting your brain.
Grab a couple pazazz apples for this pizza and a couple extra for a healthy snack! You’ll love this variety of apple, which is a cross between the All American favorite, Honeycrisp and a mystery pollinator which creates this special apple that’s both perfectly sweet and tart!
Table of contents
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pazazz Apples
- Pizza Dough – you can use this homemade pizza dough recipe or purchase pre-made pizza dough at the grocery store. It’s usually found refrigerated near the deli or bakery section.
- Note: I do not recommend using a precooked pizza crust for this recipe, as the apples and streusel need to bake for the full 30 minutes on top of the pizza dough in the oven.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cold Butter
- Powdered Sugar
Step by step instructions
- Prepare the cinnamon streusel topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add cold, cubed butter to the bowl and use your hands to mix it into a coarse crumble.
- Set the streusel topping aside.
- Assemble the pizza.
- Spread the dough out into a large circle on a round pizza stone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Arrange the sliced apples in a circle around the pizza, starting with the outside edge and working your way to the middle.
- Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon streusel topping over the apples on the pizza.
- Bake the pizza.
- Place the pizza in a 350°F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Finish the pizza with icing.
- While the pizza is baking, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle the icing over the warm pizza.
- Slice and serve!
How to make it gluten free
Sure! Simply start with a gluten free pizza dough, then use a gluten free flour to create the streusel topping.
How to make a heart-shaped pizza
You’ll want to pick up a 10 inch heart shaped pan online or at a big box retailer. They’re usually around $10 and you can use them to make heart shaped traditional pizza, dessert pizza or heart shaped meatloaf.
A 10″ heart shaped pan will make two of these dessert pizzas. So if you want to make a smaller dessert pizza this is perfect for that, simply cut the ingredients in half. Or make two heart shaped dessert pizzas, because two dessert pizzas are always better than one!
Follow the instructions as written in the recipe, except instead of shaping the dough in a circle on a baking sheet, you’ll shape it into a heart in the heart-shaped pan. Be sure to grease the heart shaped pan before adding the dough, for easy removal!
Add the apples and streusel topping on top of the pizza dough and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove and drizzle with the icing.
I love this idea for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, birthdays or just to add a little pizzaz to any Friday pizza night at home!
More easy apple recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Strudel with Brie
- Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta
- Maple Apple Brussels Sprouts
- Cranberry Apple Moscow Mule Punch
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Kale Apple Slaw
Be sure to pick up some extra Pazazz apples and try them in these recipes. Their ruby red color adds a pop to salads, desserts and drinks! And you’ll love their health benefits. Apples, which are rich in fiber, can help lower the risk of cancer and they’re good for your heart!
Since February is National Cancer Awareness Month, we want you to take the Cancer Cruncher Challenge! Eat a cancer protective diet of superfoods like Pazazz apples, upload your photo to the Pazazz superhero filter found here and Pazazz will donate $1 to The American Institute for Cancer Research to further the fight against this disease!
Apple Dessert Pizza
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cubed
- 16 ounce pizza dough
- 2 Honeybear Pazazz Apples, cored & thinly sliced
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl to create the cinnamon streusel topping.
- Add the cold butter and use your hands to to mix into a coarse crumble. Set aside.
- Spread the dough out into a circle or heart shape.
- Arrange the apples on the pizza.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the apples on the pizza.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle with the icing.
- To make this recipe into a heart-shaped pizza, divide the pizza dough in half and press each half into the bottom of a 10″ heart-shaped pan. Top each pizza with 1 thinly sliced apple and half of the cinnamon streusel topping. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove and drizzle each pizza with half of the icing.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten free pizza dough and replace the all-purpose flour in the streusel topping with gluten-free flour.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.