Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Allow me to introduce you to the PERFECT sweet treat for fall, Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal Bars! With just 15 minutes of prep time, these delectable bars are in the oven and the entire house smells amazing! This recipe is easy to make and with one simple swap, you can make them gluten-free!
They‘re great with coffee for breakfast. Fantastic as an afternoon snack. And delicious served as dessert!
Want to add a drizzle of caramel syrup or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top? I don’t blame you, that’s a great idea and I’m totally on board!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s fall y’all! And with cooler temperatures and cute sweaters, also comes apples, pumpkin spice and everything nice! For this recipe, I recreated a summer favorite on the blog, Blueberry Oat Bars, with a fun fall spin!
These bars are a MUST-MAKE! Yes, I’m typing in all caps, because I want you to know just how magical these oatmeal bars are!! Where does all that magic come from? Pumpkin spice, of course!
A combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves that will give you ALL THE FALL FEELS!! And make your entire house smell amazing!
I picked up everything needed to make these apple oatmeal bars at my local Vons. They have all of the ingredients to get you in the fall spirit! Whether you’re whipping up my Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Hummus or Pumpkin Spice Cookies, Vons is a one-stop-shop for all of your fall baking and slow cooking ingredients!
What You’ll Need
- Signature SELECT™️ All Purpose Flour
- Signature SELECT Dark Brown Sugar
- O Organics®️ Pumpkin Pie Spice
- O Organics Old Fashioned Oats
- Signature SELECT Baking Powder
- Lucerne®️ Unsalted Butter
- Apples – I recommend Granny Smith or Pink Lady
Step by Step Instructions
- Add the flour, oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add cold, cubed butter to the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix into a coarse crumble.
- Measure out one cup of the oats mixture and set aside. Firmly press the remainder of the mixture in a 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Quick Tip! You can also line the baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal of the bars.
- Place peeled, sliced apples in an even layer on top of the oatmeal mixture in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of oat mixture, that we set aside earlier, evenly over the apples.
- Place in a 350°F oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes before slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to peel the apples? You don’t have to. But I tested this recipe with both peeled and unpeeled apples, and the texture with the peeled apples was definitely my preference.
- What type of apples should I use? Granny smith apples are my preferred baking apple and what I used in this recipe. Pink lady, honeycrisp, jonagold and braeburn apples will also work!
- Can I make these bars ahead of time? Yes! These bars can be made in advance and stored, covered at room temperature on the counter, for up to 5 days. But I must warn you, it will be REALLY HARD not to eat them all in the first day or two!!
- Can I double the recipe to make more? Yes! You don’t even have to recalculate the ingredients! Just use the slider on the ingredient amount in the recipe card below. Change it from 12 to 24 bars to double the recipe and the ingredient amounts below will automatically change!
- How do I make these bars gluten-free? It’s so easy, just swap out the all purpose flour for a one-to-one gluten-free flour!
I found everything I needed to make this recipe at my local Vons. You can find O Organics, Lucerne and Signature SELECT Products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
And not only can you find their affordable, signature products in stores, you can also find them online at Vons.com! That’s where I do all of my shopping these days.
It’s easy to search for everything on my grocery list, add it to the cart, then get it delivered straight to my door with Vons Grocery Delivery service! If I’m already out and about, I use their DriveUp & Go™ option, where I can pick up my groceries at the store and a friendly Vons employee will bring everything right to my car.
Both of these convenient options are perfect for filling my pantry with all the fall staples. From spices and baking ingredients to canned goods for slow cooker meals, Vons has it all!
Searching for more ways to get all the fall feels? Try each of these delicious pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Salted Caramel Filling
- Pumpkin Filled Pastries
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Enchiladas – I know it sounds weird, but I promise, they’re SO GOOD!
- Pumpkin Toast – the avocado toast of fall!
Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled & thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, oats, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and use your hands to mix into a coarse crumble.
- Measure out one cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture firmly into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
- Spread the sliced apples evenly over the oatmeal mixture in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of oat mixture, that we set aside earlier, over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into bars.
- Cooling Time: I recommend waiting at least 30 minutes, or up to one hour, before slicing the bars. The bars will still taste delicious if you slice them fresh out of the oven, but they will not keep their texture and you’ll have more of a crumble, than an actual bar!
- Apples: I recommend granny smith apples when baking, but pink lady or honeycrisp are also good options.
- Storing Leftovers: these bars will stay good, covered on the counter at room temperature, for up to 5 days.
- Gluten-Free: to make these bars gluten-free, simply swap the all purpose flour for a one to one gluten-free flour substitute. I have tested this at home and it works perfectly!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.