Kale Apple Slaw
This post may contain affiliate links.
Kale Apple Slaw is a delicious & healthy twist on traditional coleslaw. This vegan and gluten free recipe is perfect served as a side dish at BBQs or added to pulled pork or brisket sandwiches.
With summer and swimsuit season in full swing, I’m always looking for ways to make new recipes a little bit lighter and healthier, while still totally delicious!
In this recipe I turned traditional cole-slaw into healthy kale-slaw, and added tons of flavor with a Fuji Apple salad dressing!
I served this scrumptious slaw on top of Chipotle Apple Shredded Brisket Sandwiches, and oh my gosh was it delicious!
The crunchy slaw with the sweet & tart apple vinaigrette is perfection!
- 2 cups flat leaf kale
- 2 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- ½ cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium fuji apple (cored & shredded)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- ½ cup fuji apple vinaigrette dressing
- Note: Litehouse no longer makes the fuji apple dressing seen pictured in this post, but don’t worry, I made my own version of the dressing! Just click the link provided and it will take you to my easy 5 minute fuji apple salad dressing recipe.
Cut the kale leaves from the stems and discard the stems. Thinly slice the kale leaves.
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This crisp slaw will be the hit side dish at any BBQ!
You can also throw it on your favorite pulled pork, shredded brisket or chicken sandwich for a burst of nutritious flavor!
Kale Apple Slaw
- Cut the kale leaves from the stems and discard the stems.
- Thinly slice the kale leaves.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.