Shishito Shrimp Stir Fry
This post may contain affiliate links.
In only 15 minutes, with just 8 ingredients, you can make this super simple and delicious Shrimp Stir Fry recipe with Shishito Peppers!
Raise your hand if you’re a huge fan of shishito peppers, now, raise your hand if you have no idea what the heck a shishito pepper is!
Shishitos are Asian peppers that are generally sweet with a spicy one every once in a while. They’re usually sautéed and served as an appetizer at Japanese restaurants. I introduced a recipe for Soy Ginger Shishito Peppers on the blog in 2013 and they’ve been a huge hit ever since!
Lately, I’ve been seeing shishito peppers popping up in major grocery stores, whereas I used to only be able to find them at Asian markets.
With the popularity and the convenience of picking up these delicious peppers at my local grocery store, I decided it was time to introduce another shishito recipe on the blog and it just so happens that shishito peppers pair perfectly with shrimp stir fry!
The stir fry sauce is slightly sweet and slightly salty, which pairs perfectly with the sweet and heat from the shishitos!
The entire dish is made in only 15 minutes, making it a super easy recipe to throw into your weeknight routine!
- ½ cup soy sauce (tamari for gluten free)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp sesame oil (divided)
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (zested)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- ½ lb shishito peppers
*If serving the dish with rice or quinoa, make sure you have already cooked rice, or prepare the rice before starting the stir fry.
In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, 2 tsp sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and garlic.
Add the remaining 2 tsp sesame oil to a large skillet or wok over high heat. Once hot, add the shishito peppers, saute 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp, cook 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the shishitos and shrimp, simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Remove and serve with rice or quinoa.
Top with some sesame seeds and diced green onions if you’d like!
Looking for more quick and easy shrimp recipes? Try these 5 favorites!
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- One Pot Teriyaki Shrimp Lo Mein
- Easy Italian Shrimp & Polenta
- Red Curry Shrimp
- One Pot Shrimp Piccata Pasta
Shishito Shrimp Stir Fry
- If serving the dish with rice or quinoa, make sure you have already cooked rice, or prepare the rice before starting the stir fry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, 2 tsp sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and garlic.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp sesame oil to a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Once hot, add the shishito peppers, saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cook 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the shishitos and shrimp, simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with rice or quinoa, if you'd like.
- Optionally top with sesame seeds and green onions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.