No Bake Avocado Cheesecake Bars can be served out of the refrigerator or frozen. They’re seriously creamy, so delicious and the perfect summer treat! This recipe is easy to make and such a fun spin on traditional no bake cheesecake!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at California Avocados.
Summer is prime California avocado season and I just can’t get enough of the delicious green fruit! Caprese Avocado Omelettes made in just 10 minutes are my go-to for breakfast! Crispy Baked Vegan Avocado Tacos are perfect for lunch. And THE BEST Vegetarian Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce are a regular dinner staple at my house!
All that’s left is incorporating avocados into dessert! So that’s what I’m here to do today! The delicious green fruit is the perfect addition to this no bake cheesecake recipe.
It makes so much sense, creamy avocado + creamy cheesecake = a healthier cheesecake that also tastes so incredibly delicious!
I added a little juice and zest of lime to this cheesecake. It almost tastes like a cross between key lime pie and cheesecake. And let me tell you, that’s an amazing thing! I served these cheesecake bars to my family when they were visiting and they all loved this recipe!
One of the best parts about this dessert is that it’s frozen. So you can bust it out of the freezer and eat it as a cool, refreshing treat anytime! These cheesecake bars will stay good in the freezer for up to 2 months. You can easily make a double batch and have them on hand anytime you need a cold, sweet summer treat!
How to make Avocado Cheesecake
- Make the graham cracker crust.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix into a course crumble.
- Press into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, lined with parchment paper.
- Quick Tip! The parchment paper isn’t 100% necessary. It does, however, make lifting the cheesecake out of the dish and slicing it much easier.
- Place the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Add cream cheese, avocado, lime juice and lime zest to a large bowl.
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Add powdered sugar and coconut milk to the cream cheese mixture, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Quick Tip! You can use regular milk instead of coconut milk. I simply used coconut milk because I like the way it pairs with the lime and avocado.
- Hand mix in the chocolate chips. This is an optional addition, but I really love the bite of chocolate in these cheesecake bars!
- Quick Tip! I hand mixed in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips, then pressed the other ¼ cup of chips on top of the cheesecake. This is purely for looks and totally optional!
- Assemble the cheesecake.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, spread the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust.
- Freeze the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Serve the cheesecake.
- Remove the cheesecake 15-20 minutes before serving to thaw.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the cheesecake out of the baking dish. Slice the cheesecake into bars and serve.
Can you put a no bake cheesecake in the freezer?
Yes! These cheesecake bars are meant to be frozen and will stay good in the freezer for up to 2 months. Once they’re sliced they only need 5 minutes at room temperature to thaw enough to eat.
How long can you let no bake cheesecake sit out?
These cheesecake bars are meant to be served cold. I recommend not allowing them to sit out for anymore than one hour. If you’ll be serving the bars throughout the day, at a party or BBQ, you can keep them in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. You can also pack them in an ice chest for a day at the beach or lake!
Does cheesecake contain eggs?
A classic cheesecake does contain eggs, but this no bake cheesecake recipe does not. This is why the cheesecake does not need to be baked.
Can you make this avocado cheesecake gluten free?
Yes! Place gluten free graham crackers in a food processor and blend into fine crumbs. Use these gluten free crumbs to make the crust. You can even find gluten free graham cracker style crumbs in some grocery stores.
The other option you have is to make this recipe without the crust. The cheesecake bars will freeze just as well and can be easily served without a crust.
The remainder of the ingredients in the recipe are naturally gluten free. If adding the chocolate chips, always be sure to check the label. Most chocolate chips are gluten free, but it’s always a good idea to double-check!
Can I add fruit instead of chocolate chips?
Absolutely! Instead of chocolate chips, feel free to add a cup of fresh fruit to this recipe. Sliced strawberries or blueberries would both be wonderful additions to these cheesecake bars.
You could even add both chocolate chips and berries, if you wanted! It’s summer, go ahead and get crazy!
Looking for more sweet summer treats? Try these other easy dessert recipes!
- Grilled Berry S’Mores – summer’s favorite dessert, with extra berry goodness!
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting – this recipe is for all the lemon lovers out there!
- No Churn Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream – homemade ice cream is easy to make without an ice cream maker! Try this simple 5 ingredient recipe to see just how easy it is!
- Meme’s Pink Lemonade Pie – I couldn’t let a summer go by without making my grandma’s famous lemonade pie recipe!
Avocado Cheesecake Bars
No Bake Avocado Cheesecake Bars can be served out of the refrigerator or frozen. They're seriously creamy, so delicious and easy to make!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 California Avocados peeled & pitted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Graham Cracker Crust
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a large bowl, add the butter and mix into a coarse crumble.
Press the crust into the bottom of a parchment paper lined 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Add the cream cheese, avocado, lime juice and lime zest to a large bowl.
Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the ingredients.
Add the powdered sugar and coconut milk, blend until smooth and creamy.
Use a spoon to hand mix in the chocolate chips.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, spread the cheesecake on top.
- Place back into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Remove 15-20 minutes before serving to thaw enough to slice through.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Milk: regular milk can be used instead of coconut milk.
- Chocolate Chips: these are an optional add-in and can be left out of the recipe. I like to mix in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips, then press the other ¼ cup of chips on top of the cheesecake. This is purely for looks and totally optional!
- Fruit: Instead of chocolate chips, a cup of sliced strawberries or blueberries can be added to the cheesecake.
- Gluten Free: To make this cheesecake recipe gluten free, omit the crust altogether or substitute gluten free graham cracker crumbs. Always check the label of the chocolate chips to make sure they're gluten free.
- Expiration: these cheesecake bars will stay good in the freezer for up to 2 months.