10 Minute Caprese Avocado Omelette
This post may contain affiliate links.
Avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese & basil top this delicious open faced avocado omelette recipe. It’s a healthy breakfast that’s vegetarian, gluten free, keto friendly & made in just 10 minutes!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at California Avocados!
Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite breakfast recipe! When it comes to breakfast, quick, easy and healthy are the name of the game for me.
You too? Then you’re going to love this new breakfast recipe! It seriously takes 10 minutes to make, including slicing and dicing!
If you know me, then you know my love of avocados runs deep. I’m fortunate to live in San Diego where I can always get my hands on fresh California Avocados!
One of my favorite appetizers is Avocado Bruschetta. And when it comes to salads, I can’t get enough of this Crispy Goat Cheese Avocado Salad! Every time I post a picture of this salad on Instagram, people go crazy!
When it comes to dinner, I could eat these Cheesy Avocado Corn Enchiladas every night! They are seriously THE BEST vegetarian enchiladas in the world. For lunch, I’m always down for an Avocado Bacon Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
As you can see, adding avocado to appetizers, breakfast, lunch and dinner is totally my jam! In this Avocado Omelette recipe, I’ve paired creamy avocado with traditional caprese salad ingredients. Diced cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil are all part of this omelette party!
The delicious combination of ingredients creates a healthy breakfast that is low carb, gluten free and vegetarian. It really is the perfect way to start your day!
How to make an Avocado Omelette
In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Heat an 8 – 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray, then pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet.
Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the eggs and continue cooking for 1 additional minute. Use a rubber spatula to help slide the omelette out of the skillet and onto a plate. Repeat the previous steps one more time with the additional egg mixture.
Top each omelette with California avocado slices, diced cherry tomatoes and fresh chopped basil. Serve the omelette open faced, like you see in this post. Or gently fold the omelette over the ingredients for a more traditional omelette.
Are omelettes keto friendly?
This caprese avocado omelette contains only 6 carbs per serving. This makes it a perfect breakfast for those on the keto diet.
What goes with an omelette for breakfast?
A side of fresh fruit, a piece of toast or hash browns all pair perfectly with this omelette for breakfast.
For more quick and easy avocado recipes, check out these 5 favorites!
- Thai Green Avocado Curry
- Quinoa Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Taco Baked Ziti with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- Whole30 Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Green Chili Avocado Sauce
- Vegan Avocado Smoothie Bowls
Caprese Avocado Omelette
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ California Avocado, thinly sliced
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat a medium skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet, cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of mozzarella cheese over the omelette, cook for an additional minute, then slide onto a plate.
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining egg mixture.
- Top each open faced omelette with 2 tbsp cherry tomatoes, ½ tbsp fresh basil and ¼ sliced avocado.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.