Taco seasoned ground beef, black beans and cherry tomatoes are tossed with ziti pasta & creamy avocado sauce in this easy, cheesy Taco Pasta Bake! It’s made in just 35 minutes for a quick and easy dinner recipe!
If you’ve ever thought, ” I really love pasta and I really love tacos. I just can’t decide which one I love more!” Well, you don’t have to choose between the two anymore!
That’s right, I took the delicious flavors of tacos and incorporated them into this pasta bake recipe. It’s not only totally scrumptious, it’s totally easy too and perfect for weeknight meals!
The Creamy Avocado Sauce makes this pasta recipe unique and adds so much flavor to the dish! I’ve been using this avocado sauce in recipes for years. It first appeared on the blog in this recipe for Mexican Stuffed Shells.
These recipes are very similar, but in this Taco Pasta recipe I decided to simplify things. Instead of stuffing the ingredients into individual pasta shells, I simply tossed all of the ingredients together.
The combination of flavors in this Baked Taco Recipe are fantastic! From the light and creamy avocado sauce, to the taco seasoned ground beef. I could eat this dish for every meal for a week.. and I have!
I promise, you want to make this recipe for dinner tonight!
How to make Easy Taco Pasta
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook ziti or penne pasta for 8-10 minutes in the boiling water. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
While the pasta is cooking, add ground beef to a large skillet over medium high heat and cook through, 7-8 minutes. Drain any grease from the skillet, then add taco seasoning, cherry tomatoes and black beans to the skillet. Reduce heat to low, then simmer for 5-7 minutes.
While the taco seasoned beef is simmering, prepare the creamy avocado sauce.
Add chicken broth, sour cream, 2 avocados and diced green chilies to a blender or food processor. Add lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper . Puree all of the ingredients together.
Add the taco seasoned ground beef with beans and tomatoes to the cooked pasta. Add the avocado sauce. Toss everything together, then transfer to an oven safe baking dish.
Sprinkle shredded pepper jack cheese over the dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake in 400°F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
What vegetables go with taco pasta?
Corn, diced bell peppers and diced zucchini go great with taco pasta. Add these additional vegetables to the taco pasta at the same time as the cherry tomatoes and black beans.
What sides go with taco pasta?
How many calories in taco pasta?
This taco pasta recipe serves 6 people and is 776 calories per serving.
For more fun & easy pasta recipes, check out these delicious dishes!
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne
- One Pot Italian Sausage Shells and Cheese
- 20 Minute Enchilada Pasta
Made this recipe and loved it? Be sure to rate it 5 stars below! ↓
Taco Pasta Bake with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Taco seasoned ground beef is tossed with pasta & creamy avocado sauce in this easy, cheesy Taco Pasta Bake recipe, made in just 35 minutes!
- 1 lb ziti pasta or penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning click link for homemade recipe
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 15 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese shredded
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados peeled & seeded
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the ziti pasta 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling add the ground beef to a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook through, drain off any grease, then add the taco seasoning, cherry tomatoes & black beans.
- Combine well, then simmer 5-7 minutes on low heat.
- Prepare the avocado sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until creamy.
- Combine the ground beef and pasta, then pour the avocado sauce over the top.
- Mix everything together, then transfer to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 15-20 minutes.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, replace the ground beef with soy chorizo or meatless crumbles.
- To make this recipe gluten free, substitute gluten-free ziti or penne pasta.
- Want to add more veggies to the dish? Diced zucchini, bell peppers or corn kernels can be added at the same time as the cherry tomatoes and black beans. With an added 1-2 cups of veggies, this dish will easily serve 8 people.
- This dish makes great leftovers! It will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place in the microwave, covered, for 2 minutes. If the dish becomes dry, add a little extra water or chicken broth before reheating.