20 Minute Enchilada Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links.
Small pasta shells, ground beef, enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese are combined in this incredibly easy and flavorful 20 minute enchilada pasta recipe!
I absolutely love taking my favorite Mexican recipes and turning them into epic weeknight pasta dishes! From Taco Baked Ziti with Creamy Avocado Sauce to Mexican Stuffed Shells with Green Chili Sauce to One Pot Buffalo Taco Spaghetti, Mexican Pasta Mash-Ups are my jam!
For my latest Mexican pasta mash-up, I’m sharing how to make enchilada pasta with beef!
Enchilada Pasta Recipe
I love this recipe because it’s so easy to make! Simply boil the pasta shells, toss together the homemade red enchilada sauce, or use a jar of store-bought enchilada sauce, cook the ground beef with onions and garlic, toss it all together, melt some cheddar cheese on top and voila, dinner is served!
How to make Enchilada Sauce
Homemade enchilada sauce is really easy to make. Simply sauté minced garlic in a large sauce pan, add pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth and seasonings. Simmer on the stove for 15 minutes.
Is enchilada sauce healthy?
This enchilada sauce recipe is low in calories, while high in fiber, iron and potassium, making it a healthy choice as part of a balanced diet.
Is enchilada sauce gluten free?
This enchilada sauce recipe is gluten-free. Some jars of enchilada sauce you’ll find at the grocery store, or other recipes for homemade enchilada sauce, can contain flour, so always be sure to check the labels. This Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce in the can is gluten-free, as well as this Frontera Foods Red Chile Enchilada Sauce.
Is enchilada sauce spicy?
The enchilada sauce used in this enchilada pasta recipe is not spicy.
20 Minute Enchilada Pasta
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, click for homemade recipe
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, saute 3-4 minutes, add the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook through. Drain any grease from the ground beef, then add the enchilada sauce and cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top, cover and allow the cheese to melt, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.