Blackened Soy Ahi Burger
This post may contain affiliate links.
Blackened seared ahi tuna is topped with red pepper slaw, wasabi mayo and fresh avocado in this delicious ahi burger recipe!
While my self-proclaimed “Ahi Week” was technically over a week ago, I still have a couple more delicious Ahi recipes to share!
The idea for this recipe came from a spicy ahi burger I used to frequently eat at a beach bar my friend worked at. It was fresh and delicious, while also having that nice spicy kick. I re-created it just the same!
- 1 lb ahi (cut into 4 steaks)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 hamburger buns
- wasabi mayonaise (aioli)
- pickled ginger
- red pepper slaw
- fresh avocado
Pour the soy sauce over the ahi steaks and brushing on all sides.
Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
In the mean time, mix all of the spices together in a small bowl.
Remove the ahi steaks from the refrigerator and coat all sides with the blackening seasonings.
Sear the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side in a cast iron skillet.
Place on the buns and top with wasabi aioli.
Top with the other optionally awesome ingredients of your choice!
There’s nothing like fresh, creamy avocado on a thick steak of spicy ahi tuna with crisp red pepper slaw and sweet pickled ginger!
I used the blackening seasoning from this Blackened Red Snapper recipe, and it was just as delicious on the ahi!
The ahi is just slightly seared on the outside for that beautiful bright pink center!
Try these other easy seafood recipes!
- Garlic Lemon Tuna Patties
- Baked Chilean Sea Bass
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad Stuffed Zucchini
- 15 Minute Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp Mango Arugula Salad
- 5 Minute Salmon Taco Rice Bowl
Blackened Soy Ahi Burger
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonaise
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1 cup red pepper cabbage slaw
- 1 fresh avocado, sliced
- Pour the soy sauce over the ahi steaks and brush on all sides.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Combine the paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme and oregano in a small bowl.
- Remove the ahi steaks from the refrigerator and coat all sides with the blackening seasoning.
- Sear the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Place on the buns and top with wasabi aioli.
- Top with the other optional ingredients of your choice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.