This easy, cheesy Buffalo Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is seriously the best! It’s made with ground beef, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese, all in one pot, for a quick and simple recipe!
I’ve come to the conclusion that I need more tater tots in my life. They’re delicious, crispy little bites of potato goodness that make you feel like a kid again. What’s not to love?!
What is the best way to get more tater tots in your life? A delicious, easy tater tot casserole, of course!
I decided to make my first tater tot casserole with buffalo sauce and cheese. Because let’s be real, buffalo cheesiness is my favorite!
I love buffalo cheesiness in pastas, like this Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne and this Buffalo Cheesy Tortellini. I love it in party food, like these Buffalo Cheesy Sausage Balls, and this Buffalo Cheesy Pizza Bread! I pretty much love buffalo cheesiness in everything!
How do you make a Tater Tot Casserole?
Start by cooking onions, garlic and ground beef together in an oven-safe skillet. Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Add diced tomatoes with green chilies, buffalo sauce, chili powder and shredded cheddar cheese and stir everything together.
Place frozen tater tots on top in an even layer, then bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with more shredded cheddar cheese, then place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Easy as that you have a complete meal of delicious comfort food made in under an hour, in just one pan!
Is Tater Tot Casserole gluten free?
Yes, as a matter of fact, it is! Ore-Ida Tater Tots are gluten-free. (It even says so right on the bag!) Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce is also gluten-free.
Can you make Tater Tot Casserole ahead of time?
Yes. Simply cook the ground beef with the garlic and onions, then add the buffalo sauce, diced tomatoes and chili powder. Store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Once ready to bake, stir the cheddar cheese in with the buffalo chili ground beef. Top the casserole with the tater tots and cook as instructed.
How to reheat Tater Tot Casserole?
To reheat this tater tot casserole in the oven, make sure it’s in an oven-safe baking dish. Place it on the middle rack of the oven with the broiler on low for 5 minutes. This will heat the dish and keep the tater tots crispy.
You can also reheat the casserole in the microwave for 90 seconds.
Made this tater tot casserole recipe and loved it? Be sure to rate it 5 stars!
Buffalo Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded - divided
- 28 oz bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ground beef, cook 8-10 minutes, or until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Drain any grease from the skillet, then add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, buffalo sauce, chili powder and 1 cup of cheese, stir to combine.
- Arrange the tater tots in an even layer on top.
- Place in the oven to bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.