Buffalo Turkey Grilled Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links.
Buffalo Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect way to use up those Thanksgiving Leftovers in a totally delicious and easy recipe!
Turkey sandwiches just got a whole new kick of delicious with the addition of buffalo sauce and pepper jack cheese!
After indulging in a huge Thanksgiving feast, it’s time to pop down on the couch and watch football all weekend. And what better to enjoy the game than with a Buffalo Turkey Grilled Cheese sandwich!
Everyone knows that I love to add buffalo sauce to everything from cheesy pastas, to cauliflower tacos, to tater tot casseroles, so of course I had to add my favorite sauce to my Thanksgiving leftovers!
It’s a tradition on the blog that I share delicious new Thanksgiving leftover recipes every year. These five recipes are the most popular from past years:
- Cranberry Turkey Puff Pastry
- Turkey Tostadas with Pomegranate Guacamole
- Cream Cheese Stuffing Jalapeno Poppers
- Sweet Potato Pierogies
- Mushroom Turkey Quiche with Stuffing Crust
Just a few more ways to turn boring leftovers into delicious new dishes!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- Combine two cups of shredded turkey with buffalo sauce, shredded carrots and diced celery.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side, then place a slice of pepper jack cheese on the other side of each slice of bread. Top the cheese with the buffalo turkey mixture.
- Sandwich two of the slices of bread together and grill the sandwiches in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
What cheese tastes best with turkey?
Pepper jack cheese pairs perfectly with turkey tossed in buffalo sauce.
Brie and gouda cheese also pair great with turkey!
What can I put in a turkey sandwich?
In addition to the carrots and celery in this sandwich, which are tossed with the turkey and buffalo sauce, you could also add crispy bacon, creamy avocado or juicy tomatoes to this turkey grilled cheese.
Buffalo Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, buffalo sauce, carrots and celery.
- Spread ½ tbsp of butter on each slice of bread, flip and top half of the slices of bread with a slice of pepper jack cheese, ½ cup of the buffalo turkey mixture, another slice of pepper jack cheese and another slice of buttered bread (butter facing out).
- Repeat until all 6 sandwiches have been made.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sandwiches and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.