Cranberry Apple Sangria
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cranberries and apples give this delicious sangria recipe tons of great fall flavors, mix up a pitcher to celebrate the holidays with friends and family!
It’s day four of “Thanksgiving Week” on the blog, and it just so happens to also be “Thirsty Thursday”!
What better way to
handle, I mean enjoy ;-), the holidays with your family than with a pitcher of boozy sangria!
Cranberries, apples, cinnamon and spiced rum give this sangria recipe a delicious burst of fall and winter flavors!
Whether you’re celebrating Thanksgiving with family or Friendsgiving with friends, this sangria recipe will be a hit with everyone!
Make a big pitcher the night before the festivities, so that it’s ready to go the next day. This way the fruit has time to absorb the booze.
Because, I don’t know about you all, but one thing I’m always thankful for is deliciously boozy fruit! 😉
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Spiced Rum
- Red Wine – I’ve used both tempranillo and cabernet to make this recipe.
- Orange Liqueur or triple sec
- Cranberry Juice
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Red Apples
- Club Soda
Step by Step Instructions
Add the orange slices to the bottom of a large bowl or pitcher. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the oranges and muddle. (If you don’t have a muddler, the back of a spoon will work also!)
Add the spiced rum, red wine, orange liqueur and cranberry juice. Stir to combine, then add the cranberries and red apples.
Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour (preferably overnight). Add the club soda before serving.
Serve in glasses filled with ice.
If you’re feeling fancy you can add a brown sugar and cinnamon rim, and a slice of orange to the glasses!
Don’t forget to check out the other delicious recipes from “Thanksgiving Week” on WhitneyBond.com!
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Oven Roasted Turkey with Cranberry Jalapeno Relish
- Baked Sweetpotato & Three Cheese Dip
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Apples
Cranberry Apple Sangria
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1500 ml red wine, 2 -750 ml bottles - I used Tempranillo
- ¼ cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup red apples, diced
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Add the orange slices to the bottom of a large bowl or pitcher.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the oranges and muddle. (If you don’t have a muddler, the back of a spoon will work also!)
- Add the spiced rum, red wine, orange liqueur and cranberry juice.
- Stir to combine, then add the cranberries and red apples.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour (preferably overnight).
- Add the club soda before serving.
- Serve in glasses filled with ice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
10 Comments on “Cranberry Apple Sangria”
Do you have the exact measurements? How much apples, cranberries, juice etc..
Hi Casey, yes, all of the measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog post. Enjoy!
Did you use cranberry juice cocktail or unsweetened cranberry juice?
Hi Dana, I used cranberry juice cocktail
Should I double the recipe if I am making for a large group of people? How many people does the regular recipe call for?
Hi Christina, this recipe will make approximately 10 – 8 oz glasses of sangria. I would definitely recommend doubling it for a large group.
I’m not a fan of red wine. Have you made this with white wine?
Hi Carol, I haven’t made it with white wine, but I think it would be great with a sauvignon blanc! Please let me know if you try it with white wine, I’d love to hear what you think!
Will silver rum work? I bought the wrong kind 🙁
That will be fine, you might just add a little less rum, or a touch more cinnamon to get that same cinnamon apple spice flavor you’re looking for! Enjoy!