Everything Bagel Cheddar Cheese Ball
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you love an everything bagel with cream cheese, then you’re really going to love this Everything Bagel Cheddar Cheese Ball recipe! It’s easy to make in 10 minutes, incredibly flavorful and perfect for a salty snack or party app!
Thank you to my friends at Cabot for sponsoring today’s post!
Since 2017, Everything Bagel Seasoning has become a go-to seasoning blend for way more than just bagels. And for good reason, the combination of poppy and sesame seeds, dried garlic and onion, and flaky sea salt is delicious!
Today, I’m pairing my favorite seasoning blend with my favorite cheese, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese. This award-winning cheese is aged one year for a robust flavor and luscious texture. Shredded up and combined with cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and green onions, this cheddar cheese makes the best, most flavorful cheese ball!
Around the holidays, my family always has a cheese ball (or 3) hanging out in the fridge for a quick snack or even an easy lunch paired with sliced salami and crackers. Nothing quite reminds me of the holidays as much as a classic cheese ball and my Mom’s sugar cookies!
It’s a great appetizer to serve during the holiday season, for game day, or anytime of the year. Since it only takes 10 minutes to make, you can make this your go-to party appetizer year-round!
The everything bagel seasoning on the outside of the cheese ball adds an exciting new layer of flavor and texture. Impress all of your friends with this homemade cheese ball at your next party! I’ll even show you how to make it into a cute little snowman for holiday parties!
Table of contents
- Cream cheese
- Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese – you’ll find this 1 year specialty cheddar from Cabot in the deli section at your grocery store. Click here to find out where you can buy this scrumptious cheese in your area!
- Green onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- Everything bagel seasoning – click the link to the left to make your own seasoning blend at home in just 5 minutes, or look for pre-made everything bagel seasoning on the spice aisle at the grocery store.
Step by step instructions
- Add shredded Cabot cheddar, cubed, softened cream cheese, chopped green onions, Worcestershire sauce and everything bagel seasoning to a medium mixing bowl.
- Quick Tip! To easily soften the cream cheese, leave it out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir all of the ingredients together, until well combined.
- Spread 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning out on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Use your hands to form the cheese mixture into a ball and place it in the middle of the everything bagel seasoning on the plastic wrap.
- Roll the cheese ball in the seasoning until the entire ball is coated in the seasoning.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the cheese ball and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will help the cheese harden and keep it’s shape when serving.
What to serve with it
This cheese ball pairs perfectly with a variety of crackers or vegetables. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Carrot Sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Cauliflower Florets
- Broccoli Florets
- Crackers & Chips
- Everything Bagel Crackers – double up on the everything bagel goodness with crackers coated in this spice blend! You can find these at Trader Joe’s, Target and other major grocery stores.
- Everything Bagel Crisps
- Wheat Thins
- Ritz – they even make “everything flavored” Ritz now!
- Pita Chips
- Pretzel Crisps
Frequently asked questions
- How many days in advance can you make it? This cheddar cheese ball can be made up to 5 days in advance, wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If the cheese ball is served immediately after it’s made, any remaining cheese ball can be wrapped up and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Is this recipe gluten free? Using the ingredients that you see pictured above, this cheese ball recipe is gluten free. While Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce, sold in the US, is gluten free, it’s always a good idea to check the label on any other brand of sauce, just to make sure it’s gluten free. Serve the cheese ball with vegetables or gluten free crackers.
- Is this recipe vegetarian? It is not, because Worcestershire sauce generally contains anchovies or fish sauce. To make it vegetarian, look for a vegan or vegetarian version of Worcestershire sauce to use in the recipe.
- Can you roll the cheese ball in something other than everything bagel seasoning? Yes, if you’d like to keep the seasoning in the cheese ball and go with a more traditional crust on the outside, you can roll the cheese ball in chopped pecans or sliced almonds.
How to make a snowman cheese ball
If you want to get really cute for the winter months and holiday season, double the recipe and make a cheese ball snowman. Just follow these 3 simple steps!
- Double the cheese ball recipe. Make one normal sized cheese ball, then use the other half of the cheese mixture to form a medium sized cheese ball and a small cheese ball.
- Stack the cheese balls. Place the largest cheese ball on a plate or serving tray, top with the medium sized cheese ball and press down gently so they stay together, but still keep their shape. Do the same with the smallest cheese ball on top.
- Add the face and arms. Cut the end off a carrot stick and place it in the middle of the small cheese ball to make the snowman’s nose. Use black peppercorns for the eyes and mouth. Add a rosemary spring to each side of the middle cheeseball to make the snowman’s arms.
Easy as that, you have an adorable, cheesy, festive appetizer!
More cheesy appetizer recipes
Check out more of my favorite easy, cheesy recipes for entertaining, made with Cabot cheese!
- Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- French Onion Dip Queso
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- Waffle Fry Nachos with Green Chili Cheese Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Christmas Tree Holiday Cheese Board
Cabot is 100% owned by family farms throughout New England and New York. That means that each time you purchase Cabot products, 100% of the profits go back to the hard-working farmers that help make the worlds best cheddar! Support a farmer and eat delicious cheese, that’s a win in my book!
Be sure to visit CabotCheese.coop for even more cheesy recipe ideas and to learn where to find their products at a grocery store near you!
Everything Bagel Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened, cubed cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, diced green onions, worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning.
- Form the mixture into a ball.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll the cheese ball in the seasoning until it's coated on all sides.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the ball and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To easily soften the cream cheese, leave it out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- The cheese ball can be made up to 5 days in advance. Wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If the cheese ball is served immediately after it’s made, any remaining cheese ball can be wrapped up and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This cheese ball recipe is gluten free, using the ingredients that you see pictured above in the post. While Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce, sold in the US, is gluten free, it’s always a good idea to check the label on any other brand of sauce, just to make sure it’s gluten free. Serve the cheese ball with vegetables or gluten free crackers.
- This recipe is not vegetarian because Worcestershire sauce generally contains anchovies or fish sauce. To make it vegetarian, look for a vegan or vegetarian version of Worcestershire sauce to use in the recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.