Roasted Asian Vegetables with Soy Ginger Glaze
This post may contain affiliate links.
Oven roasted Asian Vegetables, tossed with a soy ginger glaze, are delicious as a vegetarian side dish! They’re also terrific tossed with noodles, or served over rice, to create a tasty meal! This recipe is so flavorful and easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
Roasted veggies are a staple around our house! They’re served as a side dish with at least 3-4 meals each week. I originally made these Roasted Asian Vegetables to serve with Korean BBQ Short Ribs.
But I quickly realized that these veggies could stand on their own! While absolutely fabulous as a side dish, these veggies are SO GOOD that I’ve started making them into a meal by tossing them with noodle.
They’re incredibly easy to make. Which means, when you turn them into a meal, you’ve got one easy dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! Serve the vegetables with rice noodles and swap the soy sauce for tamari to make a simple gluten free meal.
This recipe makes 8 cups of veggies, which means there’s plenty of food to create a filling meal for up to 4 people, when served with rice or noodles!
What You’ll Need
- Vegetables – you”ll want approximately 8 cups of vegetables. Feel free to use a combination of your favorites!
- Bell Pepper
- Broccoli Florets
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Florets
- Snow Peas
- Japanese Eggplant
- Baby Bok Choy
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce – to make this recipe gluten free, replace the soy sauce with tamari (gluten free soy sauce).
- Mirin – Japanese rice wine, found in the Asian section of most major grocery stores.
- Sesame Oil
- Sriracha – the glaze has just a slight spice from the sriracha, if you’d like to make it spicier, double the sriracha in the glaze.
- Ground Ginger
- Sesame Seeds – optional topping
- Green Onions – also an optional topping
Step by Step Instructions
- Roast the vegetables. Add your assortment of vegetables chopped vegetables to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil. Place in a 425°F preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze. While the vegetables are in the oven, prepare the glaze on the stovetop. Add soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, honey, sriracha and ground ginger to a small sauce on the stove over high heat. Bring the glaze to a boil, then reduce the heat on the stove to medium low and simmer the glaze for 10 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables and glaze. After removing the vegetables from the oven, transfer them to a large bowl and toss them with the prepared glaze.
- Garnish the veggies. If you fancy like that! Add sesame seeds and diced green onions.
What to serve with Asian Vegetables
These Roasted Asian Vegetables can serve as a delicious side dish or tasty vegetarian main course! Try it both ways with all of the scrumptious options below.
- As a side dish, I recommend serving the vegetables with any of these popular Asian main courses!
- As a main course, I recommend serving the vegetables with rice, quinoa or noodles.
- White Rice is the perfect base for serving up these delicious Asian veggies. Use the link provided for easy ways to cook rice 3 ways, in an Instant Pot, on the stovetop or in a rice cooker.
- Brown Rice is a healthier option that white rice and also a great way to serve these veggies!
- Quinoa is an even healthier option! Follow the link provided for easy ways to cook quinoa 3 ways, in an Instant Pot, on the stovetop or in a rice cooker.
- My favorite way to serve these veggies? With noodles! Rice noodles or lo mein noodles both pair great with these veggies.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package directions, drain the noodles, then add them to the bowl with the roasted veggies. Toss the veggies and noodles in the glaze. Voila! The perfect vegetarian dinner, made in less than 30 minutes!
Searching for more delicious Chinese recipes? Check out these popular posts!
- Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Kung Pao Beef and Noodle Bowl
- General Tso’s Vegetarian Noodle Stir Fry
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Roasted Asian Vegetables with Soy Ginger Glaze
- 1 onion, large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and large dice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into ¼” diagonal pieces
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Soy Ginger Glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the onion, bell pepper, broccoli florets, carrots and mushrooms in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, honey, sriracha and ginger to a small saucepan on the stove.
- Bring the glaze to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and let the glaze simmer on the stove for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- After removing the vegetables from the oven, transfer them to a large bowl.
- Immediately toss with the prepared glaze.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and diced green onions, if you’d like.
- Gluten Free Option: replace the soy sauce with tamari (gluten free soy sauce). Be sure to check the label on the mirin to make sure it’s gluten-free.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.