Cranberry Pomegranate Waffles
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fresh cranberries & pomegranates add a delicious burst of tart & sweet flavor to this easy waffle recipe, perfect for fall breakfast or holiday brunch!
Oh how I love these Cranberry Pomegranate Waffles, let me count the ways!
This amazing creation came together from a few different sources.
I first had the idea to combine the cranberries and pomegranates into mini pies, then I got hungry for breakfast and my pies almost became pancakes. Then I saw my waffle maker sitting in the corner collecting dust and felt that it really needed to live a little.
And that my friends is how my pies became pancakes, then pancakes became waffles!
Side note, someone should probably cut me off from coffee right about now! 😉
These cranberry pomegranate waffles are bursting with color which makes them perfect for a beautiful holiday brunch! They’re also easy to make, so whipping them up Thanksgiving or Christmas morning is no problem.
You can even make the batter yourself, then have everyone pour it into the waffle maker themselves and make their own waffles.
This waffle recipe is not very sweet, so if you prefer a sweeter breakfast, feel free to sift some powdered sugar on top or drizzle with warm maple syrup!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ fresh pomegranate (juice and seeds) – follow this post for how to cut and seed a pomegranate!
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, honey, cinnamon and butter.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the cranberries, then add the juice and seeds of the pomegranate.
Mix well, then heat a waffle maker.
Once the waffle maker is hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the waffle batter into the waffle iron.
Once it’s finished cooking, open up the waffle iron and boom, delicious-town awaits you!
This recipe makes 4-8 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle maker. Using the waffle maker I mentioned above, this recipe makes 4 large round waffles.
You can easily double or triple the recipe for a big brunch.
For that extra sweetness I mentioned earlier, make it rain powdered sugar or maple syrup!
They now look like snow-kissed waffles and feel like the perfect winter breakfast!
More breakfast recipes
For more easy & delicious breakfast ideas, check out these popular recipes!
- Easy French Crepes
- Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
- Potato & Ham Hash
- Cornflake Crusted French Toast
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
Cranberry Pomegranate Waffles
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, honey, cinnamon and butter.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries, then add the juice and seeds of the pomegranate.
- Mix well, then heat a waffle maker.
- Once the waffle maker is hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the waffle batter into the waffle iron.
- Once it’s finished cooking, open up the waffle iron and serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup, if you’d like.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.