Picking up groceries at Trader Joe’s & need some dinner ideas? Try these ground beef Trader Joe’s Tacos! They’re inexpensive and easy to make in just 15 minutes!
I’m also sharing how to make the recipe gluten free and vegetarian with simple Trader Joe’s substitutions!
Ground beef tacos were a staple in my house growing up. They were quick and easy and something the entire family loved. Luckily Kurt shares my families love of ground beef tacos. So they still make it in the regular menu rotation at our house.
When I’m in a pinch and need something quick and easy for dinner, I stop at Trader Joe’s and grab the ingredients for my favorite ground beef tacos. Crunchy lettuce, creamy avocado and Trader Joe’s Hatch Chili Salsa are key to the best ground beef tacos!
Before I started making my own Taco Seasoning at home, Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning was my go-to. It contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives and it’s gluten free.
Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning packets contain sea salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, cane sugar, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper, red bell pepper, oregano, chili pepper and smoked paprika. Yay for ingredients we know and love!
Making these ground beef tacos from Trader Joe’s is also cost effective. Everything needed for these tacos can be purchased for $13.13. This recipe serves 4 so that comes out to $3.28 per person! Affordable, easy to make and delicious, a winning combo!
Ingredients for Trader Joe’s Tacos
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning – the next best thing to homemade taco seasoning is Trader Joe’s, which contains no artificial ingredients or preservatives!
- Flour Tortillas – I love Trader Joe’s Truly Handmade Flour Tortillas! Just be sure to refrigerate them after opening or they will spoil quickly.
- To make this recipe gluten free, pick up Trader Joe’s corn tortillas or taco shells instead of flour tortillas.
- Shredded Mexican Style Cheese Blend
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Optional: Hatch Chili Salsa – I’m totally obsessed with this salsa! I’d definitely say that it’s one of the best things to buy at Trader Joe’s!
- Optional: Avocado
How to make Ground Beef Tacos
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Drain the grease from the beef, then add taco seasoning and water.
- Quick Tip! Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning has a kick to it. I use the entire package of seasoning, but you can cut it in half to cut back on the spice level.
- Let the beef simmer in the taco seasoning for 5 minutes.
- Warm up flour tortillas and fill them with the ground beef taco meat and shredded cheddar cheese. Top them with chopped lettuce, diced onion, tomato and jalapenos.
- Add the optional toppings of your choice like sliced avocado, hatch chili salsa or sour cream.
Does Trader Joe’s have taco shells?
Trader Joe’s does have taco shells and they’re delicious and gluten free! You can easily swap these into this recipe to make crispy ground beef tacos and gluten free tacos.
Looking for more quick and easy taco recipes to try? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Greek Turkey Tacos
- Chipotle Lime Carne Asada Tacos
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
Trader Joe's Ground Beef Tacos
Picking up groceries at Trader Joe's & need some dinner ideas? Try these ground beef Trader Joe's Tacos! They're inexpensive and easy to make in 15 minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.3 oz taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño minced
Other Optional Ingredients
- Sour Cream
Add the ground beef to a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
Cook the ground beef for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, drain the grease from the skillet.
Add the taco seasoning and water to the ground beef, mix together and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Heat the tortillas wrapped in damp paper towels in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Put the tacos together by spooning the ground beef into the tortillas.
Add the cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno and optional toppings of your choice to each taco.
- Gluten free option: serve the tacos in corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas.
- Vegetarian option: substitute Trader Joe's soy chorizo for the ground beef to make these tacos vegetarian.