Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pressure cooker chicken tacos are made in an Instant Pot with just 4 ingredients in only 29 minutes! This quick & easy gluten free recipe is perfect for meal prep or easy weeknight dinners!
If there’s one thing you’ll never find a lack of on this blog it’s tacos! They’re one of my favorite foods and I love to find various cooking methods and ingredients to make tacos.
Now I’m busting out my Instant Pot to make Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos!
These tacos are seriously easy to make and you can serve them a variety of different ways. Keep it traditional and serve them in corn or flour tortillas, or crispy taco shells.
Toss the chicken with Green Enchilada Sauce to make easy chicken enchiladas or add the chicken to this recipe for Chilaquiles Verdes. Serve the chicken over rice for taco bowls or lettuce for taco salads. For a whole30 and low carb option, serve the chicken in lettuce wraps with sliced avocado.
No matter how you serve them, you’re going to love the simplicity and deliciousness of these pressure cooker chicken tacos!
Table of contents
How do you make shredded chicken in a pressure cooker?
To make shredded chicken for tacos, rub chicken breasts with taco seasoning. Add the chicken to a pressure cooker, such as an Instant Pot. Add a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and chicken broth.
Pressure cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Allow the pressure to release, open the lid and shred the chicken in the pressure cooker.
If you’re pressed for time, use the quick release method on the pressure cooker instead of waiting for the pressure to release naturally. Move the steam release from “sealing” to “venting”. Be careful as the steam coming out will be hot. Once all of the steam is released, remove the lid and shred the chicken.
How do you shred chicken for tacos?
You can either use two forks to shred the chicken or meat claws. The chicken will easily fall apart after cooking in the pressure cooker.
What goes with chicken tacos?
For a great low carb and keto option, ditch the tortilla and serve the chicken over Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
How to make pressure cooker chicken tacos with salsa
In this recipe, you can replace the can of diced tomatoes with your favorite jar of salsa. You can also add a couple tablespoons of hot sauce to the Instant Pot to give these chicken tacos a little kick of spice.
Are the tacos gluten free?
Served on corn tortillas, over rice or in lettuce wraps, these chicken tacos are gluten free. If you buy pre-made taco seasoning at the grocery store, always check the label to make sure it’s gluten free.
More Instant Pot recipes to try
Don’t let that Instant Pot get dusty! Try these other pressure cooker recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner this week!
- French Onion Pot Roast
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Pressure Cooker Breakfast Tacos
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Pressure Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken Noodles
- Instant Pot Beef Ragu
- Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 12 small tortillas
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 12 lettuce leaves
- lettuce, shredded
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- queso fresco, crumbled
- avocado, sliced
- hot sauce
- Rub the chicken with the taco seasoning and place in the Instant Pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies and chicken broth.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it’s set to “sealing”.
- Press the “poultry” button on the Instant Pot or set it to manual for 7 minutes on high.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps 3 times, it is done cooking.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the pressure to release before removing the lid. Once the lid is removed, use two forks to shred the chicken in the instant pot.
- Serve in tortillas, lettuce wraps or over rice for a taco bowl.
- Top with your choice of optional toppings
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.