Pressure Cooker Breakfast Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pressure Cooker Breakfast Tacos are an easy way to make brunch for a crowd, or make ahead for breakfast throughout the week. They can be made with meat, or meatless, for a vegetarian recipe. Serve them in corn tortillas for a delicious gluten free way to start the day!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends from the Crock-Pot® brand!
Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I always make sure I have plenty of delicious breakfast recipes to choose from!
From sweet fan favorites, like Macadamia Nut French Toast Sticks and Salted Caramel Cinnamon Rolls, to the always popular savory recipes for Greek Eggs Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole and Stuffing Biscuits, if you’re looking for an awesome new breakfast idea, I’ve got you covered!
But what about breakfast in a pressure cooker? This method of cooking has become so popular over the last couple of years, but mainly for easy dinner recipes. But what about breakfast, the most important meal of the day!
Never fear, I’m here to show you just how easy it is to make a big batch of eggs in a pressure cooker for breakfast tacos. You can make the eggs ahead of time and eat the tacos for breakfast throughout the week, or make them for brunch to serve a crowd!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- Place the trivet in the bottom of a Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker with 2 cups of water.
- In a 9″ diameter heat-resistant bowl, such as glass or stainless steel, add whisked eggs, milk, salt, pepper, veggies and your choice of meat, or leave out the meat for vegetarian tacos.
- Mix everything together, sprinkle cheese on top, cover in foil, then use a foil sling to lower the bowl into the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker.
- Press the BEANS/CHILI button on the Crock-Pot® Express Crock, set the pressure to high and the timer for 40 minutes.
- Go make some fresh squeezed orange juice, because you have the time now that the Crock-Pot® Express Crock is doing all of the work for you!
- Once the timer beeps, allow the pressure to come down for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure and removing the lid.
- Scramble up the eggs with a fork, then spoon them into tortillas with your favorite breakfast taco toppings!
What is a foil sling?
A foil sling is made by taking a long piece of foil, app 16 inches, and folding it lengthwise into a sling to place under the bowl for easy lifting in and out of the pressure cooker. If you’re more of a visual person (like me!), check out the image below to see what I’m talking about!
Easy life hack right there people!
One of my all-time favorite life hacks is using a Crock-Pot® to make easy meals. If you’ve been following the blog for a while now, you’ve probably heard me mention the fact that I own 13 Crock-Pot’s, yes, I’m a bit obsessed!
The great thing about the new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker is that it combines the functions of a pressure cooker and slow cooker with steamer and sauté functions, plus 8 built-in preset buttons that cook a variety of meals.
If you’ve been longing for a new Crock-Pot® and a pressure cooker, this is the perfect all-in-one solution!
The Express Crock Multi-Cooker can help prepare meals all week. Use the pressure cooker function to make these breakfast tacos, then use the slow cooker function to make Beef Barbacoa Tacos or Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Tacos for dinner, because let’s be honest, there’s no such thing as too many tacos!
The Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker comes in three different sizes, 4 quart, 6 quart and 8 quart, priced from $69.99 – $149.99. A perfect variety of options based on your cooking needs!
Which function of the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker will you use first? All about the pressure cooker? Loving the saute and slow cooker functions? Comment below and let me know!
More Mexican-inspired breakfast recipes
Pressure Cooker Breakfast Tacos
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked diced protein, bacon, ham or turkey
- 1 cup mexican blend cheeses, shredded
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Hot Sauce
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- In a 9” heat-resistant bowl (ceramic, pyrex or stainless steel), whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
- Add the red onion, green bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno, tomato and your choice of protein to the whisked eggs, stir everything together.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Grab another long piece of foil and fold it over lengthwise to create a foil sling for lowering the bowl into the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker
- Pour 2 cups of water into the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker. Set the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- Placing the foil sling under the bowl and lower the bowl of eggs into the pressure cooker on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid on top of the multi cooker, make sure it’s set to “seal”, select BEANS/CHILI on the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker, set the pressure to high and set the timer for 40 minutes.
- Once the 40 minutes of pressure cooking is complete, wait 5 minutes, then use the quick release method to release the steam.
- Open the multi cooker and use the foil sling to remove the eggs. Remove the foil from the bowl of eggs and use a fork to scramble up the eggs.
- Spoon into warm tortillas and serve with the optional toppings of your choice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.