Buffalo Chicken Bake
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Buffalo Chicken Bake Recipe is a recreation of the Costco Chicken Bake with a buffalo sauce twist. It’s so easy to make in just 29 minutes and totally delicious!
I didn’t grow up near Costco, so it wasn’t until a recent trip that I discovered the infamous Costco Chicken Bake. This signature dish at the Costco food court is filled with chicken breast strips, mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheeses, bacon, caesar dressing and green onions.
I took this dish and put my own “Buffalo Style” spin on it with blue cheese dressing, carrots, celery and of course, buffalo sauce. Cheesy, saucy, crispy, delicious!
This re-creation of the Costco Chicken Bake Recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that the entire family will love. Or you could even slice it up and serve it as a party app, hello Super Bowl!
- Pizza dough – feel free to use this recipe for homemade pizza dough, or do what I did to make this recipe super easy and use store-bought pizza dough! A can of Pillsbury’s classic pizza crust is perfect for this recipe.
- Blue cheese – or ranch dressing. I used blue cheese in this recipe, but if you’re a huge ranch fan, feel free to use that instead!
- Cooked, diced chicken breast – this can be grilled or roasted chicken, or a chicken breast removed from a rotisserie chicken and diced.
- Green onions
- Buffalo sauce
- Pepper jack cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Parmesan cheese
Step by step instructions
Prepare the base. Roll the pizza dough out into a rectangle then slice it in half. Divide the blue cheese dressing between each piece of pizza dough. Spread it right in the middle of the dough.
Mix up the filling. Toss the chicken, celery, carrots and green onions with the buffalo sauce.
Load up the dough. Place the filling mixture over the blue cheese dressing on the pizza dough. Sprinkle the pepper jack cheese over the top.
Fold it up. Roll the buffalo chicken bake up. Fold over one side first, then the other to seal everything in.
Season the crust. Combine the melted butter, garlic powder and dried parsley in a small bowl. Brush over the top of the chicken bake.
Bake. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 400°F in the oven for 15 minutes.
Garnish. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Remove when light brown and crispy on the edges.
Serve and enjoy! Slice in half and eat as a finger food, or with a fork and knife.
More recipes with buffalo sauce
For more buffalo chicken goodness, check out these popular recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Bread Bowl
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Alfredo
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
Buffalo Chicken Bake
- 13.8 oz can pizza dough
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a rectangle.
- Slice the pizza dough in half.
- Divide the blue cheese dressing between each piece of pizza dough.
- Toss the chicken, celery, carrots and green onions with the buffalo sauce.
- Divide the mixture over the blue cheese dressing.
- Sprinkle the pepper jack cheese over the mixture, then roll the buffalo chicken bake up.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder and dried parsley in a small bowl.
- Brush over the top of the chicken bake.
- Place on a baking sheet and into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove when light brown and crispy on the edges.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.