Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links.
With 8 simple ingredients, make the most delicious Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole! It’s gluten free, low carb and keto approved. This easy, cheesy recipe is the perfect low calorie meal, that’s also loaded with flavor! It’s great for weeknight dinners and perfect for meal prepping.
Thank you to my friends at Cabot for sponsoring today’s post!
Casseroles are usually filled with food high in carbs, like potatoes, rice or pasta. But in this casserole, I used cauliflower instead for a nutritious, low carb substitute.
Cauliflower has become one of my go-to low carb foods. It’s delicious as rice, the base for a salad or mashed like a potato. Cauliflower is high in fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants, yet low in calories and carbs, making it a wonderfully healthy addition to any meal!
In addition to cauliflower in this casserole, I also included two of my other favorite ingredients, buffalo sauce and Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese. The level of saucy, cheesiness in this dish is out of this world!
I wondered how my family would react to this keto casserole, but Kurt literally couldn’t put down his fork! It’s so simple and healthy, yet still so flavorful and delicious. It’s comfort food, without the guilt!
Step by step instructions
- Boil the cauliflower on the stove. By precooking the cauliflower florets on the stove for 10 minutes, it softens the cauliflower just the right amount to then cook perfectly in the casserole.
- Toss the casserole together. Once the cauliflower has been cooked on the stove, toss it with cooked, shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and shredded Cabot Cheddar Cheese. Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to season the casserole.
- Bake the cauliflower casserole. Transfer the ingredients into an 8 inch by 8 inch casserole dish. Top with more shredded cheddar cheese and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes! This cauliflower casserole can easily be put together ahead of time, then baked later. Once it’s prepared, the baking dish can be covered and placed in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.
It can also be covered and placed in the freezer for up to 6 months. When ready to eat the casserole, transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator. Defrost the casserole for 24-28 hours in the refrigerator before baking it. Bake as directed in the recipe.
This casserole is so delicious, next time I make it, I plan to double the recipe and eat one now, then freeze one for later!
Be sure to pick up plenty of Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese at your local grocery store to make this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole at home! All Cabot Cheddars are 100% naturally lactose-free and gluten-free.
Cabot is a co-operative owned by 1,000 family farms throughout New England and New York, with 100% of the profits going back to the farmers. Support a farmer & eat delicious cheese, sounds like a win-win to me!
More keto recipes
Looking for more easy keto recipes to try at home? Check out these 5 delicious dishes!
- Sous Vide Tri Tip
- Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Korean BBQ Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- Buffalo Cheesesteak Foil Packs
- Low Carb Enchiladas with Zucchini
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on the stove.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower, then place it back in the pot it cooked in.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat the chicken and cauliflower.
- Add the buffalo sauce and 1 cup of shredded Cabot Cheddar Cheese and toss everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8” x 8” baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded Cabot Cheddar Cheese on top of the casserole.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.