Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups with Marshmallow Creme
This post may contain affiliate links.
Delicious hot chocolate cookies are baked into cute little cookie cups and filled with marshmallow creme for a fun, easy dessert recipe, perfect for the holidays!
Cookie cups have kind of become my thing y’all!
I mean, why make a boring flat cookie, when you can make a cute little cookie cup and fill it with something totally delicious?
That was my thought when I first made Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups filled with Nutella, then Red Velvet Cookie Cups filled with Cream Cheese Frosting, then again when I made Pumpkin Cookie Cups filled with Salted Caramel!
These bite sized treats are perfect for gifting to friends, serving at parties or for a sweet snack to keep around the house!
With the holiday season in full swing, I decided to turn my favorite winter drink into a cookie cup.
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are made by taking chocolate cookies, indenting them in the middle when they’re hot out of the oven and filling them with marshmallow creme. They’re fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
- To make hot chocolate cookie cups, start by making the chocolate cookie dough. Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar, then add an egg and vanilla extract. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients to make the dough.
- Fill greased mini muffin tins ¾ full with cookie dough. Place in a 325°F oven and bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the end of a spatula to indent each of the cookie cups.
- Let the hot chocolate cookies cool for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack and fill with marshmallow creme. I added the marshmallow creme to a sandwich size ziplock bag, then cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to pipe the marshmallow creme into the cookie cups.
Scroll to the bottom of this post and you’ll find a full step-by-step video for how to make them!
Can I substitute hot chocolate for cocoa powder?
Unfortunately you cannot. I tried this recipe with several different types of hot chocolate powder, as well as cocoa powder and the problem with hot chocolate powder is the inconsistency of ingredients.
Some hot chocolate powder contains more sugar than cocoa power and a lot of hot chocolate mixes also contain whey. Both the increase in sugar content and the addition of whey will cause issues when baking the cookie cups.
Tools used to make this recipe
Made them and loved them? Rate the recipe 5 stars below! ↓
Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar, add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and combine well.
- Fill the mini muffin tins ¾ full with cookie dough.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use the end of a spatula to make an indentation in the middle of the cookie cups.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, move to a wire rack and fill each cookie cup with marshmallow creme.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.